Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Florida to Upstate NY (Saratoga Springs)
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Florida to Upstate NY (Saratoga Springs)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
AbdRahim

What

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/18 08:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I 81 has nicer places to stop, overnight, if desired, with much cleaner parking lots than 95 and no tolls. There a a few good truckstop on 95, but traffic through D.C. And Baltimore can be brutal -also on 287, if you hit it near rush hour.

AlwaysDreaming

South Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/18 07:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think I have my plan. I mapped out Cracker Barrel/Walmart Exits. I have never overnighted on the road. I will opt for Cracker Barrel as first choice Then Walmart, Then Flying J. Going to take I-81. Vero Beach FL to Walterboro SC layover, I-26 to I-77 to I-81 to Chambersberg PA layover, to Scranton PA, to Binghamton NY to I-88 to Albany NY to Saratoga Springs NY.
I have a class C 24ft flat towing a Ford Fiesta, total length is 42ft. I am a little nervous about negotiating the gas stations, so I will stay with Truck Stops for fueling.
I am set up pretty good for boon docking. Added a second house battery, added DC to AC inverters for Electronics. Add 2 roof fans. I have an on board 4000 watt generator, but I don't want run it much.
Looking forward to our first long haul.

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/18 03:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It’s been my experience over the years that where there’s a couple of gas stations right at the exit off the interstate, one or all of them are ‘EZ in / EZ out’ places with lots of room to maneuver.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Florida to Upstate NY (Saratoga Springs)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS