Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Any Canon camera folks here? Need to set languaguage set
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Any Canon camera folks here? Need to set languaguage set

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
d3500ram

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/18 07:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just received a Canon Power Shot SX720HS from the Big A today, but cannot set it up as it has the oriental script as the default and I cannot figure out the language settings. Tech support is closed and wonder if there is anyone out there who might be able to assist is the proper language set up.

thanks.

d3500ram

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/18 08:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK.. I guess I need to purchase a memory card before I can set this function. Will go to Wally's world tomorrow an then call Canon support.

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/18 05:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Google is your friend

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

Tiger4x4RV

Inland Empire, Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/18 09:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Manual is on Canon website. link

See page 144 for instructions on how to change display language.

2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

d3500ram

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/18 07:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the links. I bought a memory card and followed the initial basic start-up to get going. This is a LOT of camera for a point-and-shoot type...

I now need to figur out where to bring the film for processing, there 'aint those parking lot Fot-mat kiosks around anymore...LOL (literally, the last time I bought a new camera, those things were around!)

trb46

Central Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/18 09:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If this is a digital camera, which I assume it is because you mentioned buying a memory card, there is no film. You can take the memory card to most any drug store (CVS, Walgreens, etc) or Walmart and they’ll print the pictures you want.

d3500ram

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/18 07:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

trb46 wrote:

If this is a digital camera, which I assume it is because you mentioned buying a memory card, there is no film. You can take the memory card to most any drug store (CVS, Walgreens, etc) or Walmart and they’ll print the pictures you want.

LOL... yes, it is a digital camera, I was just poking fun at my self-ignorance of the new item... and perhaps longing for simpler days of yore. I am getting used to it, but it is a LOT of camera compared to what I am used to.

We have a simple point & shoot camera at my office for site visits and I am familiar with it. But that one is limited and technology has come a long way since we bought it some 8 or so years ago.

I took some shots from my back deck at different powers of the same location:

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Little by little my analog mind will get up to speed with the new toy.

Thanks for the help.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Any Canon camera folks here? Need to set languaguage set
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS