Explorer
Explorer
Looking for recommendations on a replacement water pump. Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Hondavalk
Explorer
Explorer
Hondavalk wrote:
Yes I do need to take the old pump apart before I ordered a replacement. Just trying to get my ducks lined up in a row ahead of time. Thanks to everyone for there recommendations and advice. Will post back on final outcome. ๐Ÿ™‚

This post was in regards to my water pump being able to reach pressure but not being able to supply any flow rate. In the end I opened my winterizing valve and also left my tank valve open and blew 50psi of air through through it. Very fine red flecks drained out of the water tank and all is now fine. ๐Ÿ™‚

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
TechWriter wrote:
Remco Aquajet ARV 55 -- 5.3 gpm and it's a 5-chamber pump as opposed to ShurFlo 4-chamber pumps.

Photos looks different, Our's doen't have what looks like a snout.
5.3 gallons 65psi. Replaced 2014. First one was ten years old.
Quiet and never a problem til then. Factory would rebuild for 69.00 but freight to and back would cost more.
Won't sell parts separately.If someone does or I decide to pull it apart and find a fix on my own it will be a spare.
Others are just as good I'm sure but I have no experience with them.149.00 from American Coach, at a rally, and they installed it for me so I wouldn't have to get down on my knees and not get back up.

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Remco Aquajet ARV 55 -- 5.3 gpm and it's a 5-chamber pump as opposed to ShurFlo 4-chamber pumps.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Hondavalk
Explorer
Explorer
Yes I do need to take the old pump apart before I ordered a replacement. Just trying to get my ducks lined up in a row ahead of time. Thanks to everyone for there recommendations and advice. Will post back on final outcome. ๐Ÿ™‚

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Sure your's is bad? Over the years I've had numerous occasions with assorted RVs where mine stopped pumping (but I could hear it running). I'd disassemble them, find a sticky valve that once I touched it was no longer sticky. Tiny bits of trash that make it past the screen can hang a valve and stop the pumping and will be so small you never see it when you fiddle with the valve. If the motor runs and you can't see something like a torn diaphragm, you can probably make it work again.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
The revolution comes in a 4 gallon unit as well and if upgrading, that's what I would go with unless you want to spend a lot more for a MUCH better pump.
That's what came in our Artic Fox and it does a sufficient job of running the shower.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
You could also search this Forum for `water pump' for previous posts on this popular subject.
Don't get too big a one because you can afford it. I think ours is a 3.0 and has served us well for years.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
^^^^ agree ^^^^
Replaced mine a year ago. I got mine from my local dealership. I could have got the cheaper one for about $45, but this one was the right replacement for the original that came with the camper.

I changed the way it mounted in it's compartment. Instead of on the floor, it's against sideways on the wall. It's much quieter and pumps good. We use our's all the time. I'm never hooked up to city water. We always run from our fresh water tank. And we use our trailer full time from April through December. It's pumped a LOT of water!

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
http://shurflo.com/rv-products/rv-pumps/rv-fresh-water-pumps/revolution-4008-pumps/131-shurflo-revol...

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB