cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Macerator issues - HELP!!!

Ndoby
Explorer
Explorer
My 2011 Winnebago Vista 35F has 1-1/2 baths. The 1/2 bath has its own black tank with a macerator pump to pump the waste to the dump. I can open the valves however only a trickle of water comes out - then NOTHING. The macerator pump runs with - but nothing is coming out! We think it could be several thins - 1) the dump waste valve is not working - 2) there is a blockage from the valve to the macerator - 3) the macerator pump needs to be serviced.
Has anyone experience this issue? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!!
20 REPLIES 20

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
good deal!
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
thanks for the info

Ndoby
Explorer
Explorer
Update- we replaced the macerator - all is good and flowing!!!!

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
I sense confusion in this thread
Macerator: Some are assuming that like my Flo-Jet portable it is for PUMPING OUT the tanks into the sewer system.

Macerator: some understand that there are Toilets that have a macerator pump built in .. You push a button on the wall. the toilet fills with water, about 2-3 times what you'd use to dump a Sealand Gravity type. and then the pump kicks in ans whisks the "Stuff' to the black tank in my case about 15 feet away via a smallr (about 2") pipe.. also called "Vaccu-Flush" it is a power flush toilet. Then the thing pauses a bit. Pumps some more and then re-fills with water.

Sounds to me like the O/P is talking about the TOILET

Remove 4 bolts from the toilet to floor and you may be able to move it out a bit.
It's neither - it is a factory installed macerator installed at the base of Tank 2 that transfers waste to Tank 1. See my factory drawing. The design is probably closer to your Flowjet arrangement than the macerator toilets.

Ndoby
Explorer
Explorer
For clarification - the toilet is a not the problem - the 1/2 bath has its own black tank. To dump the tank - we have to open a valve (just like the valve on a grey water or black tank) then the material goes from a 4" to a 2" (roughly) pipe that is directly connected to the macerator. From the macerator there is a 1 1/2" hose that runs to the other side of the RV where another valve needs to be open to empty the tanks. Once both of these valves are open - we press a button to turn on the macerator pump - and if working correctly - it will essentially 'blend' the material and the 'vacuum' will pump it out to the side where it can be dumped. Right now - we open both valves and turn on the pump (the pump runs) but nothing really comes out.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I sense confusion in this thread
Macerator: Some are assuming that like my Flo-Jet portable it is for PUMPING OUT the tanks into the sewer system.

Macerator: some understand that there are Toilets that have a macerator pump built in .. You push a button on the wall. the toilet fills with water, about 2-3 times what you'd use to dump a Sealand Gravity type. and then the pump kicks in ans whisks the "Stuff' to the black tank in my case about 15 feet away via a smallr (about 2") pipe.. also called "Vaccu-Flush" it is a power flush toilet. Then the thing pauses a bit. Pumps some more and then re-fills with water.

Sounds to me like the O/P is talking about the TOILET

Remove 4 bolts from the toilet to floor and you may be able to move it out a bit.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
I love my macerator but also need it to dump at home. If not for that I suppose I can buy into not dealing with it. Kind of a coin toss. Playing with the stinky slinky is no fun either. My biggest complaint is just having to get the thing out and drag it around with the power cord and hose. If it were built into a coach I think I'd really like it.

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Macerator toilets are becoming common for multi-bathroom rigs (macerator built into the back of the toilet). Then you only have one tank and one or both toilets pump to it.

Our winnie has the Tecma marine type in the back, and a standard in the 1/2 bath. The Tour has 2 Tecma toilets.

Good or bad, it is what it is. We use the 1/2 bath only when without water, because the tecma uses quite a bit of water.

Tecma demo

mccsix
Explorer
Explorer
Guess i did....never mind.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
mccsix wrote:
My macerator is sitting in the garage. I don't need any more equipment to maintain when a hose and gravity works reliably and faster and needs no maintenance

I think you missed the point that they connect the second toilet to a remote black tank.

He HAS to use the macerater.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

mccsix
Explorer
Explorer
My macerator is sitting in the garage. I don't need any more equipment to maintain when a hose and gravity works reliably and faster and needs no maintenance

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
If itโ€™s a Jabsco the part number is printed on the impeller.

You can get them on Amazon or West Marine.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Ndoby
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you to all - the macerator pump unfortunately is necessary for this bathroom - I don't want to cut a hole in the bottom of the rig to put in a direct dump - even though I think that would be easier. This is just a poor design by Winnebago - there is no clean out access to the tank where you can flush 'things' out. We will start with servicing the macerator pump and go from there.

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think you will be able to get rid of that macerator pump, unless you direct plumb that tank to the outside. Even then it will be on the wrong side unless you have enough room to slope it to the street side. I would just get it fixed.

PS, I see there is a hatch there to access the valve which gives good service room for the pump.