Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norcold Refrigerator Vent Fan Thermostat Switch Placement

mikefos
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy,

I am going to install a fridge vent fan and thermostat switch to turn on/off in our TT soon. The fridge is not in a slide and vents out the roof. I am going to install it at the bottom of the vent space behind the fridge and push hot air out the top. I am unsure of where to locate the thermostat switch (working space is a premium in the compartment). My parts were purchased from Appliance and Air on eBay, both fan and switch. Does anyone have recommendations for the thermostat switch placement in a similar configuration? Pics would be great, too, as I can't find any on the Web showing thermostat placement.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike and Kim
2012 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 308RETS, TST 507 TPMS
2010 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax/Allison, 2WD, Long Bed, Crew Cab, Duraflaps, AMP Bedstep
Equal-i-zer 1400/14K Hitch
5 REPLIES 5

mikefos
Explorer
Explorer
Getting ready to do this in a couple of weeks and looking for examples of thermostat placement.
Mike and Kim
2010 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax/Allison, 2WD, Long Bed, Crew Cab, Duraflaps, AMP Bedstep

mikefos
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Yes, the bottom of the sensor is the heat detecting part of it.

Thanks!
Mike and Kim

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, the bottom of the sensor is the heat detecting part of it.

mikefos
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks DougE. Does the bottom of the thermostat, which is metal, need to be in contact w/ something that is generating heat? The reason I ask is I am not sure whether the bottom metal half or the top ceramic half of the thermostat is the part which actually senses the temperature.
Mike and Kim

DougE
Explorer
Explorer
Just so you'll know, this didn't work for me. This is on the delivery pipe after the flue but before the heat transfer fins.

I don't know if it was due to the rust on the tube (I did wire brush it first) or the small contact area, but even though my IR temp gun said it should be hot enough, the my fans didn't come on (I didn't verify the switch worked by heating it in an oven). I could have tried moving it closer to the flue where it would have gotten much hotter faster or I've heard that the factory now mounts these directly to the first fin (flat surface for good heat transfer).
Since my fridge was 14 years old I said "the heck with it" and replaced it with a 12v compressor fridge.
Currently Between RVs