cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DIRECTV and SD locals

CT_WANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I got the Email today from Directv. It stated my local SD channels will be gone in 2019. My locals are on 119 Sat. Are they saying the 119 Sat SD will be deleted? Or are SD signals on 101 also be deleted? How about DNS is that also be deleted? Will all the programs on 101 go to HD? I am trying to figure out if I have to get new receivers? I have a RV Account. Thanks anyone for your use full input. Gary
29 REPLIES 29

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I full time and live and work from my RV. It's just a matter of what you like and I like having satellite TV as my RV is also my home.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Pretty sure I will never get rid of DTV (or some satellite TV service) until I don't plan to RV any longer. There's simply no better answer if you like to watch TV. I also stream with my unlimited AT&T Mobley but I would never be able to watch all that I like with streaming as my only option.

We cut the cord and got rid of Directv about 4 years ago and haven't looked back. However, when we are camping, watching TV is not even on the list of things to do. In bad weather, we may watch a movie on DVD, but that is it. (And before anyone says we need the weather reports, we have a portable weather radio in the TT.)
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pretty sure I will never get rid of DTV (or some satellite TV service) until I don't plan to RV any longer. There's simply no better answer if you like to watch TV. I also stream with my unlimited AT&T Mobley but I would never be able to watch all that I like with streaming as my only option.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

hermant
Explorer
Explorer
With how much the new equipment would cost, I "cut the cord" and ended my two decades with DirecTV. Sad to see them go; they were the better of the two options IMHO. They did take a cheap shot and hit me with a $180 cancellation fee (after two decades)! They based that on me reducing my service level 15 months ago when they subtly forced me into another 24 month contract. Good riddance to bad rubbish, I say! All hail the might internet! Enjoy the life...
2019 Ford F150 2.7 Ecoboost Supercab
2020 Winnebago Minnie 2500FL

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
CA Traveler wrote:
Bill.Satellite wrote:
No one with a DirecTV HD antenna (RF Mogul, Winegard, tripod mount) will have any disruption in service because nothing related to the service will change. Dome owners will likely have some change to adapt to but no one know exactly what that means.
And that's good news but how/where does the receiver get it's account and schedule information?

With my prior 18" 101 SD only dish it had to come from the 101 satellite. Is it also on other satellites or just how does all of this work? That is will it work seamless w/o the 101 satellite and if so how? Inquiring minds want to know.

A) You are making a huge leap that there will not be a 101 satellite.
B) Should there not be a 101 satellite, the programming will come from another.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
CA Traveler wrote:
Bill.Satellite wrote:
No one with a DirecTV HD antenna (RF Mogul, Winegard, tripod mount) will have any disruption in service because nothing related to the service will change. Dome owners will likely have some change to adapt to but no one know exactly what that means.
And that's good news but how/where does the receiver get it's account and schedule information?

With my prior 18" 101 SD only dish it had to come from the 101 satellite. Is it also on other satellites or just how does all of this work? That is will it work seamless w/o the 101 satellite and if so how? Inquiring minds want to know.

I am willing to bet that Directv has that covered, even if not announced.
Bobbo and Lin

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bill.Satellite wrote:

2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
BTW RF Mogul told the that I would have NO DTV disruption with their HD antenna and my HD HR44 receiver when they drop SD transmission. Perhaps this is true for other vendor antennas (HD capable).

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Even if your video switch box won't handle the composite output, you can buy a cheap composite to coax adapter and use that just like any other coax output.
I use the composite to coax adapter at home for the kitchen TV while the LR TV is HDMI. HOWEVER Both TVs are in the same "air" space and the kitchen TV has a slight delay and hence the audio is annoying when both TVs are on.

Surely this delay is due to the receiver and not the converter but I can't verify that. I may try a HDMI splitter and wireless transmission to the kitchen TV.

Bob

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
Quote from OP
I am trying to figure out if I have to get new receivers?
---------------------------------------------------------
If you got the same email I did, it plainly says you have to update
w/ all new equipment. But it didn't say how much all this new equipment
will cost me. All it said was that if I updated now, they wouldn't charge me anything for installation. They don't know yet that all the new equipment is not going to cost me anything either,....I'm letting that be kind of a surprise :))))
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

CT_WANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Thank You That is the information I needed This Post can end now. Thanks all Gary

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Even if your video switch box won't handle the composite output, you can buy a cheap composite to coax adapter and use that just like any other coax output.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
That depends on the switch box. If the switch box only uses coax, then you would need a device to convert the composite or component output to coax output, that you could then feed to the switch.
Bobbo and Lin