Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: DIRECTV and SD locals
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> DIRECTV and SD locals

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/18 08:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bobbo wrote:

Bill.Satellite wrote:

This is likely true (dying satellite) but the orbital slot is PRIME space so another satellite is already there waiting or will be replaced. AT&T "may" sell the slot but due to it's prime location I find that hard to believe. The question remains, what is the future of 101.

Don't forget that a replacement satellite that goes into that slot may not broadcast on the same band(s) that the current satellite does. That means that even if they replace that satellite with a new one, your current SD antenna may still not work.

That's true. However, if DTV continues to use that slot and they change from the KU band, they would have to replace every home antenna of every DTV customer in the US. So, what would you do if you were DTV? Put another KU band satellite up there and save millions or put a different one up there and shell out a whole lot of cash?
That's the problem. No one knows.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/18 10:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

goducks10 wrote:

Who watches SD anymore. Yuk.

Everybody with one of those cube type antennas. There are a lot of them out there.

Bobbo, Linda and the furry kid (45 pound rescue)
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/18 07:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bobbo wrote:

goducks10 wrote:

Everybody with one of those cube type antennas. There are a lot of them out there.

Not quite true. Everyone with a cube type antenna and DirecTV. All DISH Network customer get full HD with the dome style antennas.

Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/18 08:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

Bobbo wrote:

goducks10 wrote:

Not quite true. Everyone with a cube type antenna and DirecTV. All DISH Network customer get full HD with the dome style antennas.

Wasn't this discussion about Directv? We also aren't discussing HughesNet. (Hint: Look at the thread title.)

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/18 12:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bobbo wrote:

Bill.Satellite wrote:

Bobbo wrote:

goducks10 wrote:

Wasn't this discussion about Directv? We also aren't discussing HughesNet. (Hint: Look at the thread title.)

Humm, it's a misleading statement without clarity. You should be more clear with your posts as sometimes the reader is less interested in remembering the specific wording of the OP and read the words written.

CT_WANDERER

E. Lyme, CT

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/18 07:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know if I should start a new post or not, but her goes. Is there a way to send the video and audio output from the composite or component output thru the video switch box to another tv? I am trying to figure how how to get the signal from the front tv to the one in the bedroom. Thanks again Gary

Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/18 09:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That depends on the switch box. If the switch box only uses coax, then you would need a device to convert the composite or component output to coax output, that you could then feed to the switch.

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/18 08:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Even if your video switch box won't handle the composite output, you can buy a cheap composite to coax adapter and use that just like any other coax output.

CT_WANDERER

E. Lyme, CT

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/18 08:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank You That is the information I needed This Post can end now. Thanks all Gary

RJsfishin

Winston Or.

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/18 08:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote from OP
I am trying to figure out if I have to get new receivers?
---------------------------------------------------------
If you got the same email I did, it plainly says you have to update
w/ all new equipment. But it didn't say how much all this new equipment
will cost me. All it said was that if I updated now, they wouldn't charge me anything for installation. They don't know yet that all the new equipment is not going to cost me anything either,....I'm letting that be kind of a surprise [emoticon])))

Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> DIRECTV and SD locals
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS