cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Class C Insurance?

Bren53
Explorer
Explorer
So which insurance carrier do you all use? Any help with this will be appreciated. likes dislike
Thanks
Bren53
19 REPLIES 19

KPetrick
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam Insurance Agency can quote you with National General, Safeco, Progressive and Foremost. Depending on the state, usage of the RV and type of RV we may focus on 1-2 of these carriers.

Eastwacamper
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for that response. I do need to do some research on this.

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
Paying less than $300 a year for full coverage on our 2012 24' Class C with GEICO. No claims yet but they also cover my motorcycle and the road service coverage was excellent when I broke down alongside I-19.

I switched to GEICO when Natiuonal Interstate blew me off stating they were getting out of the RV business. Prior to that I had been happy with them though they were a lot more expensive than GEICO.

:C

Eastwacamper
Explorer
Explorer
I have Nationwide for my Phoenix Cruiser and would love to pay less. I'll check Progressive via Good Sam. Also may try USAA to see if I'm able to use them. If I call Good Sam, they look at more than one policy? Is that correct? My house and cars are with Nationwide. Supposedly if you have all in one, you get some sort of discount but still less is more for rv insurance.

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
Progressive is a good bench mark at pricing. They are often hard to beat by
much if any, and are a good solid company.
Brian

txnese
Explorer
Explorer
Progressive at $600 a year on my 2003 Fourwinds 5000.

lfcjasp
Explorer
Explorer
We've had our motorhome insured with Allstate...they also handle our home and auto. And they have been great when we needed the cabover repaired due to leaks.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
We live in MI. and started going to FL. in our mh in the winter. We were offered an older used car that we would in FL. the year around.
We talk to our MI. Insurance co. about insuring the FL. car, but they would only insure a vechile that was only used mostly in MI.
We were not sure that we were going to buy the car. We stopped at a State Farm office and asked for a ball park price to insure the FL. car. We were told that they would give us a quoit. Which they did. We bought the car and insured it with State Farm at the quoit they gave us for 6 months. And a few
short weeks we went home to MI.
That summer we got a notice from State Farm that they needed another $60.
We were home in MI. and could not do much to contend State Farm, so we paid the added $60 above what they quoited.
We did not renew with them, but went with Progressive.

DRTDEVL
Explorer
Explorer
I'm paying less than $200/yr for Progressive.

Granted, its an old RV and I have liability only...
Resurrecting an inherited 1980 Minnie Winnie 20RG from the dead after sitting since 1998..

DouglasC
Explorer
Explorer
National General - - Quite pleased overall - - they handed an accident claim well but since then premiums have taken quite a jump. May look around at other options next year.
Doug
2006 Jayco Greyhawk Model 27DS
Towing 2019 Ford Fusion Energi with Brake Buddy

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
State Farm
2010 Suncruiser

tobydad
Explorer
Explorer
For over 20 years I had always insured my motorhome along with my car insurance company. Last year they jumped my premium over $300. for the car and motorhome for a total increase for over $600. Call into Good Sam insuurance and was directed to Progressive. Premium for much more coverage including all things inside the motorhome and for living expenses if needed was $700 less for just the motorhome alone.

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
We have USAA for Home and Cars, so we added Boat and RV. A few years ago, USAA recommended shifting Boat over to Progressive, saying Progressive had better boat coverages and USAA was an Agent for Progressive. Price came down and coverage better. Then USAA recommended Progressive for RV. Once again, better coverage and lower price. The customer service number at Progressive answers "Progressive for USAA Members" and I like that. So, saving a little money on coverage that's better matched to Boat than a "Floating Car" and RV than a "Really Big Car."

So, with Good Sam connected to Progressive (the only one on Keith's list I've had any dealings with), my take is that might be a good start.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Sqdancecaller
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie, We have our insurance with grange for the house and cars but in 2015 when we purchased our new class c we found that they did not have good coverage for the RV. Please check it out to make sure you have good coverage. We are now in the process of finding a new insurance as Allied, who we went with in 2015, has moved their RV coverage to Nationwide who now no longer is offering RV insurance. As of right now we are undecided on which company we will use. We have until Aug 20, 2018 to make the move but it is kind of stressful. Good luck.
2013 Thor Chateau 32 ft.