Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: 1989 Class A,,,question on value:)
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> 1989 Class A,,,question on value :)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Mile High

CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/18 01:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's at a Dealer, of course it's overpriced [emoticon]

Rentals can be rode hard and put away wet, and even the best maintenance program can't prevent that. Not saying they are all that way, but many are.

2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

luberhill

syracuse

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/18 05:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ive seen others on here that have purchased rentals are are very happy...dunno what to do...

2013 Winnebago Sunstar 26HE

IB853347201

Eastern Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/18 08:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Offer $7K. see what happens.

Mile High

CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/18 08:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You seem focused on those to options as your only options. I'm sure you get get a much better buy from a private sale than any rental.

map40

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/18 10:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mile High wrote:

Rentals can be rode hard and put away wet, and even the best maintenance program can't prevent that. Not saying they are all that way, but many are.

I have 7 rentals, some retired rentals, some bought brand new, none of them had any engine/trans problems. I have kept them up to 300K miles. Currently I have units raging from 50K to 170K miles, never an engine/trans problem. The thought that rentals are rode hard and put away wet is a mith from the past. New motorhomes can take the use they give with no problems.
By the way, we monitor EVERYTHING in the motorhome live, ebyond a little speeding, not much else...
As far as your rig goes, yes, way overpriced. I have a 2000 National Dolphin with 2 slideouts, Banks power system, new washer/dryer, everything working, 50K miles, excellent condition, brand new 40 inch and 32 inch smart TVs, batteries 1 year old, 2013 tires, air suspension, 5500 generator, and a lot more. I am thinking to sell it for 17K, and the buyer can rent it before purchase, use it, check it out, and the cost of the rental can be deducted from the purchase price. That will give you an idea on the prices.

2007 and 08 Majestic 28As, 2013 Sunseeker 3070DS, 2015 and 2 2016 Jayco 31XLs
Life rocks when your home rolls

tropical36

Southwest Florida_USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/18 02:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

luberhill wrote:

Ok we have been looking for a used unit to see IF we will like the RV life..local dealer has a 1989 Winne class A 22k miles very solid and nice condition...
He said they are asking just under 15k....im thinking this is way overpriced even if it is mint...but I really don know...its a gas engine
Is this even worth considering or am I gonna be Eddie from Christmas Vacation [emoticon]
Or should this thing be junked !

Generally speaking, a non slide coach is worth much less, at any age.
That price would get you a 97 American Eagle DP non slide.
Maybe $7K if you can't find any place for putting more money in it, after arriving home.
Even at that, you will, so that's leaving a grand for that.

"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Mile High

CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/03/18 03:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

map40 wrote:

Mile High wrote:

I have 7 rentals, some retired rentals, some bought brand new, none of them had any engine/trans problems. I have kept them up to 300K miles. Currently I have units raging from 50K to 170K miles, never an engine/trans problem. Good for you! I already stated "not all are that way, but many are" Perhaps yours are the exception.

The thought that rentals are rode hard and put away wet is a mith from the past. New motorhomes can take the use they give with no problems. Now that is "salesman talk" in full color! [emoticon]

By the way, we monitor EVERYTHING in the motorhome live, ebyond a little speeding, not much else... "Everything??" Perhaps there is a market for the videos of those live spring break parties [emoticon] You know, the kind where 100 people off the beach use it for a bathroom, walking over the vomit, spilled beer, lovers and crushed cigarettes.

As far as your rig goes, yes, way overpriced. I have a 2000 National Dolphin with 2 slideouts, Banks power system, new washer/dryer, everything working, 50K miles, excellent condition, brand new 40 inch and 32 inch smart TVs, batteries 1 year old, 2013 tires, air suspension, 5500 generator, and a lot more. I am thinking to sell it for 17K, and the buyer can rent it before purchase, use it, check it out, and the cost of the rental can be deducted from the purchase price. That will give you an idea on the prices. You might have confused me with someone interested in buying a rental. I think that was the OP. I had one, a "U-Haul" and it was rode hard and put away wet, and I continued that abuse throughout my ownership back in my 20s. It was the party wagon

DRTDEVL

Las Cruces, NM

View Profile

Posted: 07/04/18 09:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

luberhill wrote:

MrWizard wrote:

How did this go from an 89 Winnie
To one year old rentals ?

They may sell some rentals off every year, and buy more replacements for next season, but not one year old, they would be taking a loss on each unit
Can't stay in business that way

Well there are TWO dealers near me that DO sell their ONE year old rentals EVERY year...I know because I have a friend that bought one and I just talked to the one dealer yesterday that said he will have a Sunseeker 1 yr old rental to sell in September...they have been in business 45 yrs....

Ad this went from the 8 to a one yr old because THIS is at the same dealer,,,it was just a question

One year old, as in selling 2017s right now?

I bet they are closer to two years old...

Resurrecting an inherited 1980 Minnie Winnie 20RG from the dead after sitting since 1998..

map40

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/18 08:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mile High wrote:

map40 wrote:

Mile High wrote:

I have 7 rentals, some retired rentals, some bought brand new, none of them had any engine/trans problems. I have kept them up to 300K miles. Currently I have units raging from 50K to 170K miles, never an engine/trans problem. Good for you! I already stated "not all are that way, but many are" Perhaps yours are the exception.

The thought that rentals are rode hard and put away wet is a mith from the past. New motorhomes can take the use they give with no problems. Now that is "salesman talk" in full color! [emoticon]

By the way, we monitor EVERYTHING in the motorhome live, ebyond a little speeding, not much else... "Everything??" Perhaps there is a market for the videos of those live spring break parties [emoticon] You know, the kind where 100 people off the beach use it for a bathroom, walking over the vomit, spilled beer, lovers and crushed cigarettes.

As far as your rig goes, yes, way overpriced. I have a 2000 National Dolphin with 2 slideouts, Banks power system, new washer/dryer, everything working, 50K miles, excellent condition, brand new 40 inch and 32 inch smart TVs, batteries 1 year old, 2013 tires, air suspension, 5500 generator, and a lot more. I am thinking to sell it for 17K, and the buyer can rent it before purchase, use it, check it out, and the cost of the rental can be deducted from the purchase price. That will give you an idea on the prices. You might have confused me with someone interested in buying a rental. I think that was the OP. I had one, a "U-Haul" and it was rode hard and put away wet, and I continued that abuse throughout my ownership back in my 20s. It was the party wagon

Ignorance sometimes is a bliss. In your case, is a way of life.
I was giving a frame of refference, not a sales pitch. An 11 years newer RV, with the possibility of drivetesting it for several days and taking it to your mechanic, with much better equipment only used as a backup rental for a couple of years is a great refference point.
And just in case, I do know EVERYTHING. Lateral G forces, throttle position, tank levels, genny load/usage, toilet flushes, tank levels, even if the fridge door is left open.
One day, my friend, you will realize that some poeple could know better than you. Or like in this case, DO know better than you.
By the way, save you red bolded pointless comments, they don't help anybody, specially you.

map40

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/18 08:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DRTDEVL wrote:

luberhill wrote:

MrWizard wrote:

How did this go from an 89 Winnie
To one year old rentals ?

They may sell some rentals off every year, and buy more replacements for next season, but not one year old, they would be taking a loss on each unit
Can't stay in business that way

Well there are TWO dealers near me that DO sell their ONE year old rentals EVERY year...I know because I have a friend that bought one and I just talked to the one dealer yesterday that said he will have a Sunseeker 1 yr old rental to sell in September...they have been in business 45 yrs....

Ad this went from the 8 to a one yr old because THIS is at the same dealer,,,it was just a question

One year old, as in selling 2017s right now?

I bet they are closer to two years old...

Yes, they are. Big rentals get RVs over 1 year ahead. For example, on March 2018 a big rental company can get a 2019 RV, selling it on 2020 as a 1 year old unit, while was used for 2 years as a rental.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> 1989 Class A,,,question on value :)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS