cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New awning for '06 Winnebago View

Resoman
Explorer
Explorer
I've just closed a deal on a 25' 2006 Winnebago View, and would like to have an awning installed on it. It was originally fitted with a small awning that's no longer there; I'd like to have as large an awning as possible. Any suggestions as to where I should start looking?
Thanks,
Gary,
Elgin, TX
5 REPLIES 5

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.fiammausa.com/

Is a manufacturer of awnings for RV's. They make a variety of products and may have manufactured the original awning for the View/Navion. I think Dometic sells Fiamma awnings under the Dometic name also.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a new '03 Itasca Spirt 24V.
The awning that came it seemed short. So I ordered a new longer canvas and tube.
When I started mounting it I found that, by drilling a hole to put in the lag screw to hold the top bracket that the mh frame did not extend back that far. I saved the day by injecting epoxy in the cavity, and then turning the screws into it.
I still have the original aluminum tube and canvas, if anyone in interested. It's about 11 feet long.

Dusty

fourthclassC
Explorer
Explorer
Just a comment here. I needed a fabric replacement for my Dometic awing. 04 Winnebago Mini. Was considering replacing it with a sleek aluminum housing style made in Italy. It looked way better then the dometic window shade look. I had a chance to repair the sleek housing type (it was a Fiamma). Realized those are very weak design and only for sun shade. I replaced my dometic fabric and am glad I did.

Resoman
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Charles!
I haven't had much luck finding sources for replacement awnings; I think I'd need the entire assembly, not just the fabric.
Gary

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Current awning is about 9 ft. I think 12 ft is about as long as you can go, if you install one with support rods and brackets like the original.

My '07 View H (same chassis as yours) also does not have an awning, I think the original owner destroyed it and the dealer who brokered it for the estate removed it.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.