Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Good Sam Roadside Assistance: Roadside Assist
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Roadside Assist

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
nellore

Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/18 03:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Three weeks ago on a Sunday we broke down on the highway between Winnemucca and Lakeview, we were just over the Oregon border and 65 miles from Lakeview. There was no cell signal so I flagged down a motorist and gave him my name and membership number and asked him to call Roadside Assist. The time was around 3 pm. An hour later I flagged down a motorcycle rider and asked him to also call Roadside Assist. I had thought by 6 pm we might see a tow truck but by 8 pm we had given up expecting anthing to happen that night. Around 8.30 pm a Trooper from the Oregon State Police pulled up behind us, two people had reported us broken down. The Trooper had a cell phone that worked so I called Roadside Assist, they had received two reports that we were broken down but had taken no action, apparently needing more information or needing to hear from me. Roadside Assist were unsure if they would be able to contract with a tow company but did say that if they were unable to help I could make my own arrangements then claim reimbursement. Without having cell service we took the Troopers offer to be given a lift the 65 miles into Lakeview where I would be able to use my phone. At one time I did suggest to Roadside Assist that if they could arrange for a tow truck that the driver could pick me up at the motel in Lakeview then I could ride with him back to our campervan but I was told that I had to be at the campervan before they would take any action. To comply with the requirements it would seem that I would have to obtain a ride the 65 miles to where I could talk directly with Roadside Assist, give them my details then somehow travel the 65 miles back to the campervan and somehow let them know that I was at the campervan even though I would not be able to do this with my cell phone before any action would be started. If Roadside Assist was unable to find a tow truck there would be no way to contact me to let me know this, a ridiculous situation. I ended up calling a tow company in Lakeview myself and agreed to a fee of $500 so will now attempt to claim this amount from Roadside Assist.
I have twice sent emails to Roadside Assist about this situation and have not even received an acknowledgement of my email nor a reply.

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/18 05:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sounds normal for them, but they,ll be along to help . but then if theres no phone service its tuff for them too.

nellore

Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/18 06:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You do not always breakdown within cell service

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/18 06:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello nellore,

Thank you for your time and post, I apologize for the experience you have had with Good Sam Roadside Assistance. I would like to look into this further with the roadside assistance team. Please provide your contact and membership number in a private message.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

nellore

Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/18 04:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like the situation has been resolved.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/18 06:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello Nellore,

Thank you for your time and providing an update.
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance in the future.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Wanderer26

Niles michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/04/18 02:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’am new member here.i was considering signing up for Good Sam Roadside Assistance. But after reading this post i,m not so sure. We are full timers and would like some security.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/18 04:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Roadside Assist
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS