Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Any comparables to this model?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Any comparables to this model?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
j-d

Sunny Florida USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/03/18 04:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That 3170DS is a Bunkhouse model. Helpful with kids, maybe not so much once they move out or want to go on vacation with somebody other than the parents. My guess is that the overall expansion of RVing as a pastime will allow resale of bunkhouses without a price penalty for that feature. But that's just me.
The Sunseeker in the ad has more features than the 28A's on the CruiseAmerica site. Also about $20,000 more than the same year 28A's with twice the miles.
It's probably true that the Thor Four Winds that go to Cruise America are spec'd to reduce problems. Commonly, rentals don't have Carpet, or Ladders, or Awnings. I don't know if the actual construction is beefed up also, or not. I can say, I don't hear many complaints about the "Majestic" brand, which are retired Four Winds from CA's fleet. There's a rental outfit in Anchorage that claims to be top line ultra premium. They used to rent only Winnebago coaches in a rental line called "Chalet" which they ordered to their specs. Now they also rent Thor coaches. I like to think Great Alaskan Holidays picks their fleet carefully, so I take it as an endorsement of at least part of the Thor line. Great Alaskan sells their fleet off much "younger" than many other rental outfits, and the units look like new.
But I digress.
The issue reminds me of the scene from Smokey and the Bandit where Big Enos is peeling cash off his bankroll so Bandit can buy a fast car. Bandit looks a the money he's got so far and says "Faster." Big Enos hands over more cash. "Faster than that" and more cash. Not only is this Sunseeker much larger than the last one you mentioned, the price is higher. Floor plan looks like you can function fairly well with the slides IN. So, How Fast do you want to go?

If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

6ofus

bartlett,il 60103

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/18 08:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

j-d wrote:

The Sunseeker in the ad has more features than the 28A's on the CruiseAmerica site. Also about $20,000 more than the same year 28A's
The issue reminds me of the scene from Smokey and the Bandit where Big Enos is peeling cash off his bankroll so Bandit can buy a fast car. Bandit looks a the money he's got so far and says "Faster." Big Enos hands over more cash. "Faster than that" and more cash. Not only is this Sunseeker much larger than the last one you mentioned, the price is higher. Floor plan looks like you can function fairly well with the slides IN. So, How Fast do you want to go?

Yes, the Sunseeker is not what we originally were thinking. Just looking since my head is spinning with all the info [emoticon]

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/18 11:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

A lot of them are Thor and I was trying to stay away from Thor because of all the complaints I was reading. Is my thinking wrong?

Yep, dead wrong.

Just like cars there are a few that escape the assembly line with problems.

Which means Of course the owner of an RV that might have more than its share of problems, ""screams the loudest, and you will find their complaints plastered all over the internet.""

The owners that are 'satisfied' with their RV simply to not plaster their satisfaction all over the internet!!!

Ask people which is the 'best' RV? And you will get posts from owners who just love the RV they currently have, and swear by that brand! [emoticon]

I have a Four Winds. She has given me tens of thousands of RV'ing miles with minimal repair problems most just due to extended usage.

In the beginning I used my first bought used Four Winds for sporting events. Extreme high mileage usage and rode hard and put away wet EVERY single weekend for years on end!. And gave me repair free RV'ing.

I originally choose the Four Winds because when at the shows looking down the aisles of RV's in the parking lot.....over 90% were Four Winds Class C's!!

That sure said something to me which RV brand they preferred. Four Winds with 100,000 plus miles are very often sold to a fellow friend just entering the show circuit. And I saw them every weekend with their new to them RV.

"I" like the Four Winds so much I bought another one when I hit the road full-time.

BTW OP..................Four Winds is a Thor product.! [emoticon]

Soooo asking what RV brand is best is really an answer that can not be definitively answered.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Any comparables to this model?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS