cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The best shield shade for heat insulation

oyly
Explorer
Explorer
Seems people are very happy with Magneshade, but unfortunately for me, they don't make shades for the Winnebago Via's

What other shades are you using, and happy with?
8 REPLIES 8

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
Magneshade will make shades for any RV. They did not have the templates for my Class A. They gave me directions about how to measure and what to send them. I did so and they look and work great.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
A windshield repair guy told us using that foil reflect stuff was bad. Said the windshield got so hot it was bad for the black molding that holds the windshield in. That made sense to us. We had a custom made black mesh cover made in Arizona years ago.
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at MagnaShades but for the cost of one of those I could wrap the entire bus in Reflectix twice. I bought a roll, made a shade for the windshield and the side windows and have 3/4 of a roll left.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Although I do like Magnashades the cost is a bit hard to get past. That be said they do make shades to order based on measurements you provide.

I cheated and made my own. When the heat is really bad, like it is now in the Mid Atlantic, I'll break out the Reflectix that I'll also use for cold weather camping.

2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use the Reflectix 48"x10' that we ordered at amazon - around $15. It does a great job keeping the heat out. It stands up by itself. We ran it in between the curtain trac and the windshield and have the curtains closed inside. We are sitting with afternoon sun hitting the windshield in N Mex ( all sites face same direction) so hot, hot, hot without it.

blknomad
Explorer
Explorer
Prompt shades, 2 coaches and 2 sets of shades

RckyMtnVia
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Via 25T and use Reflectix in the front windshield and side windows to lower the heat from the sun while parked. You can buy a 48" x 10' roll at Home Depot for about $23 and cut it to size.
Reflectix
2022 Forester MBS 2401B

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
I used to use a Prompt shade- I had it for many years and it worked great. When I got the new coach, I got a magnashade. It was much more expensive and in my opinion, not as good a fit or ease of use as the Prompt.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard