cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A request from your new mod

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Hi. Maybe some of you have noticed but Reddog1 (Wayne) is no longer moderating the TC forum and I volunteered to step in. Full disclosure, I don't own a TC (motorhome) and my DW won't let me get a pickup truck (had a beautiful 67 GMC with the big V-6 years ago tho). Regardless I'll do my best to keep the discussions on track and civil.

One request: when posting pics, keep them under 640X480 resolution. If you use the rv.net photo posting site here it automatically sizes the pics.

The issue is that some browsers hide the scroll bar in everything but full screen mode and large pics scroll the text off to the right where it's hard to read.

Thanx for your cooperation. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of your here.

Jerry
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox
64 REPLIES 64

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
CLOSED
Jerry & Jeanne

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
You got 'ta be one of the good guys because we share the same name, even the spelling. Welcome aboard.

Lakeside

Bedlam
Loose screws are okay as long as they are captive.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Only someone with a screw loose would volunteer to be a forum moderator.
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

Bedlam
Thank you for the mention. There are plenty of qualified people to fill the position, but not everyone wants the scrutiny or conflict of moderation. You will always get those will second guess your decisions or make judgements based on hindsight yet will not step forward themselves to assist - Understanding this is just part of the job.

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
If you do not want the position, I will take over moderation.

I can’t think of anyone here that is more qualified.
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
Yakity Yak Yak Yak....

bka0721
Explorer
Explorer
bigfootford wrote:
bka0721 wrote:
Wow, I get up from my keyboard for a run to the fridge for another beer and when I get back all the people have changed!

The best always to Wayne, as well as Brad. I owe a lot to both of them. Hope the both of them will continue to enjoy their adventures going down the road.

b

Ah Bryan, there ya are..... Amen to Wayne n Brad... The TC forum is in my belief the most versatile group of individual creative folks of all the forums. That said heads do butt periodically but much is learned...

This forum compared to what it was in the early 2,000's when not much was known about batteries, converters, fridges, tires, gear ratios and the list goes on we all would provide input some good, great, awful and and and... Well the road could get ROUGH sometimes to say the least. Some members left, some were locked out and came back, some just hung in there and worked through the thick and thin.

Folks who do not know Bryan he is one of our full timers that have lot's to share.

http://www.truckcamperadventure.com/2014/08/interview-with-extreme-boondocking/

Wayne, I and many others have had the great opportunity to share a few hours together sharing and talking about our experiences... A great fella Bryan is.

Jim

Thanks Jim for the very kind words.

I missed your follow-up post. As well as all that has been going on. Visiting here is not something I do very often but I still enjoy the camaraderie of the guys/gals from the old days.

Yep, there is that Snob issue, but I have seen that when I ventured into other forums. Just part of the forum issues one deals with or finds another sandbox to play in.

b
08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr

Bedlam
If you do not want the position, I will take over moderation.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
sleepy wrote:
It’s been a very long time.

It appears that we have a new moderator, who is it.

Chet (sleepy)

Well, that intro post was a over year ago. I hit a few bumps but it's still all good.

One of the issues I ran into is the snob factor in this group. That, plus the assumption that because I own a motor home now, I never had a TC.

I've asked several of the more critical members here to step up and take over, but there have been no takers. WYSIWYG.
Jerry & Jeanne

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
It’s been a very long time.

It appears that we have a new moderator, who is it.

Janet and I are still kicking. Our 1161 is sheltered in the carport. After 1318 nights we replaced the Generac with a 2.5 Onan. It was tight.LEDs don’t use nearly as much electricity.

Hope all of you are doing well, and the weather cools off.

Chet (sleepy)
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

bigfootford
Nomad
Nomad
sleepy wrote:
Wayne was a lot of fun.... the perfect camping buddy before he took the moderators job.

I sure hope that he is able to take a deep breath and get back to having fun with his beautiful wife and family. Jim and Sheila will be having a great time again now that Wayne can relax and ignore the internet.

Thanks for all that you have contributed Wayne

Chet (Sleepy)

Haw, Wayne will never relax....

Good to see your post....

Jim
2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260, Two Redodo 100ah Mini's, Aims 2500 Conv/Inv, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Delorme/laptop for travel, Wave-3 heat.

bigfootford
Nomad
Nomad
bka0721 wrote:
Wow, I get up from my keyboard for a run to the fridge for another beer and when I get back all the people have changed!

The best always to Wayne, as well as Brad. I owe a lot to both of them. Hope the both of them will continue to enjoy their adventures going down the road.

b

Ah Bryan, there ya are..... Amen to Wayne n Brad... The TC forum is in my belief the most versatile group of individual creative folks of all the forums. That said heads do butt periodically but much is learned...

This forum compared to what it was in the early 2,000's when not much was known about batteries, converters, fridges, tires, gear ratios and the list goes on we all would provide input some good, great, awful and and and... Well the road could get ROUGH sometimes to say the least. Some members left, some were locked out and came back, some just hung in there and worked through the thick and thin.

Folks who do not know Bryan he is one of our full timers that have lot's to share.

http://www.truckcamperadventure.com/2014/08/interview-with-extreme-boondocking/

Wayne, I and many others have had the great opportunity to share a few hours together sharing and talking about our experiences... A great fella Bryan is.

Jim
2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260, Two Redodo 100ah Mini's, Aims 2500 Conv/Inv, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Delorme/laptop for travel, Wave-3 heat.

bka0721
Explorer
Explorer

b
08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr