Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Andersen Ultimate #2 or just the Ultimate
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Towing

> Andersen Ultimate #2 or just the Ultimate

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Durb

NW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/18 11:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was in a campground this summer close to a person with a 2017 Ram 4WD short bed and newer Montana High Country with the AUH with gooseneck ball mount. With the Andersen adapter facing rear his pin box bit some chunks out of his tailgate. He reversed the adapter and proceeded to take out his rear window. He did tow with it happily for many thousands of miles but got caught in a situation with tight turn backing combined with a driveway. Not trying to discourage but be observant with the hitch.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/18 08:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Durb wrote:

I was in a campground this summer close to a person with a 2017 Ram 4WD short bed and newer Montana High Country with the AUH with gooseneck ball mount. With the Andersen adapter facing rear his pin box bit some chunks out of his tailgate. He reversed the adapter and proceeded to take out his rear window. He did tow with it happily for many thousands of miles but got caught in a situation with tight turn backing combined with a driveway. Not trying to discourage but be observant with the hitch.

YUP, it happens all the time.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

2001400ex

Veradale, WA

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/18 12:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Durb wrote:

To be fair, you can do both of those with any hitch. And both of those issues were not paying attention. First was not paying attention in setup. Second was not paying attention while driving. While the Anderson isn't perfect, I thinks it's the best hitch for me because I often take mine out. I can do this myself. I was injured once so I couldn't crawl into the bed. My 12 year old boy, with me standing there, did it all himself. And carried it to the garage. That's why I prefer the Andersen aluminum 2 with the gooseneck ball.

2017 Forest River Stealth SA2816
2008 GMC 2500 Duramax
Anderson ultimate fifth wheel hitch

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Towing

> Andersen Ultimate #2 or just the Ultimate
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Towing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS