cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

holiday rambler

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
while looking for used class A i have come across many Holiday Rambler. i never heard of. any comments.
13 REPLIES 13

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
We loved our 04
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
William B wrote:
bdpreece wrote:
Great coaches but if you find one you are interested in which has the Roadmaster rr4r chassis make sure it has had the trailing arms replaced. This was a serious safety issue and the original recall replacement parts were as bad also.

But not all Holiday Ramblers. Our Navigator has an S10 chassis with a Detroit Diesel, no trailing arm problem. HR has a large model range.

YES. As he stated it is coaches on the Roadmaster rr4r chassis, whether Monaco, HR or Safari.

Does NOT apply to other chassis.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

William_B
Explorer
Explorer
bdpreece wrote:
Great coaches but if you find one you are interested in which has the Roadmaster rr4r chassis make sure it has had the trailing arms replaced. This was a serious safety issue and the original recall replacement parts were as bad also.

But not all Holiday Ramblers. Our Navigator has an S10 chassis with a Detroit Diesel, no trailing arm problem. HR has a large model range.
Full timing since 2004
2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45' DD Series 60
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Limited

Our Blog

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen a few that were in excellent shape. They did not have some of the features of today's mhs such as slide outs but were better constructed or put together.
There wa two tone light er color over a sort of green model at a RV park in Indiana. He was working on the door. I was pleased with the way the awnings fit and worked, the fit of end caps and it had a solid one piece fiberglass roof, I think, I remember. No checks or fiberglass problems, and the engine compartment was spotless. I guess it was perhaps as much or more pride of ownership upkeep.

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
The sad part is that all the people that REV kept on to support the old Monaco/HR products were let go. If you have an older one and call for help you are out of luck.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

William_B
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
In the old days HR was a priemier builder. Later they were bought out a couple of times and quality went in the toilet. The one complaint I had with ours was it felt narrow inside compared to other brands.

I find this comment interesting, considering that while Monaco owned them from somewhere around 2000-2009 they were virtual clones of Monaco. Then Navistar owned them along with all of Monaco. It was after REV bought the remnants of Monaco that the entire line and pecking order was changed.
Full timing since 2004
2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45' DD Series 60
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Limited

Our Blog

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
machunt wrote:
while looking for used class A i have come across many Holiday Rambler. i never heard of. any comments.

That's weird. You've been a forum member since 2006 and never heard of Holiday Rambler.
I always thought Fleetwood and HR were the most common RV's.
Enjoy your search, you will find something that fits your needs/wants.

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
bdpreece wrote:

Yup, here is good discussion of this issue:
https://community.fmca.com/topic/570-serious-problem-some-monaco-holiday-rambler-safari-chassis/?tab...
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

bdpreece
Explorer
Explorer
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Holiday Rambler is one of the OLDEST RV makers out there. They have been in business since at least 1972. There were purchased by various conglomerates over the 70's and 80's and Monaco purchased them in the 1990's. So, HR was the Oldsmobile to the Monaco Buick and Cadillac. The HR products were slightly lower cost and did not have the features like the Olds and Buick/Cadillac lines of GM. Anything up to 2008 were very good products. After Monaco went under in 2008, and Monaco was revised and sold by a few new owners, there has not been a good length of time to evaluate the newer products. Doug

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Pre-2010 is what you want. Monaco went bankrupt and was bought by Navastar then and things weren't the greatest. Monaco lives on today and the products have recovered nicely.

We love our 2009 HR Endeavor!
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
How about doing a search for Holiday Rambler in this forum. There are 286 references to them.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
In the old days HR was a priemier builder. Later they were bought out a couple of times and quality went in the toilet. The one complaint I had with ours was it felt narrow inside compared to other brands.