Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hottest spot...

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
You have ever been to. Rv or not.
Mine is Lake Havasu in July.... Took a ski boat and stayed at the Holiday Inn and they had just finished putting the London Bridge back together.(we could still see the numbers on the bricks, and they were building the little area for shops around it It was 122 Drgrees
Proud father of a US Marine
36 REPLIES 36

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
I live in Phoenix. Nobody vacations in the desert in the summer. Well, not anyone that knows better!

Just got back from Williams, AZ. 2 1/2 hours north of Phoenix. Around 75 most days. 50's at night. Easy enough drive for weekend getaways from the heat.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
harley-dave wrote:
122 in Phoenix, even the airplanes couldn't fly!!

Dave

I remember taking my helicopter flight lessons and it was so hot and humid, the little Robinson R22 was struggling with myself and the instructor on board with just a half tank of fuel
Proud father of a US Marine

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
A toss up, either S. Vietnam, or Lake Havasu City in August.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
The high yesterday in Death Valley was 123. Sounds like fun.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
An odd thing about this,the Brits are moaning about 'unbearable heat' during this summer. And the temp they report is 30 deg C plus/minus some. Now 30 C is about 85 F which we would regard as pleasantly cool for summer here. But they are dying from the heat wave.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lake Havasu City May of this year. And I thought 106 was hot. You guys deserve medals.
Puma 30RKSS

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
July 27 2004 Phoenix AZ 123 F.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

ritterjw
Explorer
Explorer
El Centro CA in the 70โ€s one week average temp was 121. I was there in the navy working on F8โ€s teaching pilots. TAD from Nas Miramar. There was a F4 group there also. One day close to 130 on the flight line a F4 hit afterburner never got off the ground plowed through a lettuce field.
I was a airframes troubleshooter had to carry your tools in a bucket of water and keep the bucket in the shade or the water was to hot to put your hand in.

We all got a letter of accommodation in our service record for flying 155 hours with average temp of 121. Back in the day..

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
Hovenweep NM late Sept 2015, at least 200. Had to skip staying in their CG and find a place in Bluff with power so we could run the A/C.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

Range_Maggot_Bo
Explorer
Explorer
sayoung wrote:
Black Canyon down river from Hoover Dam , 122 F.
I have measured 117 right here in East Texas one afternoon working on a AC service call . It was 103 yesterday, glad I retired .

Death Valley and anywhere near the Colorado River valley, including Las Vegas- it don't get much hotter anywhere in the country.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
myredracer wrote:
If you're talking camping - 109F in Redding CA. Only folks sitting outside was one couple in camping chairs sipping wine. When we asked them what they thought of the heat, they said "it's nice 'n balmy, we're from Arizona." :E

Climate change is bringing some pretty wacky weather now. Southwest BC has been unusually cool, cloudy and rainy all year. It's July and haven't even been able to get our hay field cut & bailed yet. Numerous weather records in BC this year.

This is just weather, if you look at historical records you'll see that historical temp max's occurred back in the 1920's and 30's. You may have heard of the dust bowl for example. To show that this is just weather, we are at 82 deg right now in Florida. Quite pleasant for summer weather here.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you're talking camping - 109F in Redding CA. Only folks sitting outside was one couple in camping chairs sipping wine. When we asked them what they thought of the heat, they said "it's nice 'n balmy, we're from Arizona." :E

Hottest was on a car trip in a rest stop on the I-5 somewhere between SF & LA in the 120s. Stepped out of the car and were literally gasping for breath. Didn't "rest" long at that stop.

Camping in Vegas (in a T/T CG on Boulder hwy), was interesting. While the temp. wasn't all that hot in early Sept., I had a nice warm shower and it wasn't until I got out of the shower I noticed I hadn't turned the WH on. That was a different experience for us northerners! Hot weather for use in southwestern BC is when it's in the upper 90s and gets difficult due to the humidity.

Climate change is bringing some pretty wacky weather now. Southwest BC has been unusually cool, cloudy and rainy all year. It's July and haven't even been able to get our hay field cut & bailed yet. Numerous weather records in BC this year.

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Moved down to Dallas from Chicago in 1980. Survived 42 continuous days of 100 plus degrees that summer. Twin days of 113 that June.

Fortunately we moved into a rental with all bills paid!

I can still remember when a cool front went through in September. It was heaven!
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

harley-dave
Explorer
Explorer
122 in Phoenix, even the airplanes couldn't fly!!

Dave
2005 Winnebago-Itasca Sundancer 31C
2010 Harley-Davidson Soft tail Deluxe
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4X4
SKP # 121272