cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Diesel Pusher category

dubdub07
Explorer
Explorer
Not that this is a "mine is different so it's better" thread, but at a minimum we could get DP on the drop down to better sort the the gassers from the DPs. Not much similar in the two.

WW
2013 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
TOADS: 12 Jeep JKUR Wrangler, 16 Cherokee Trailhawk, 15 Grand Cherokee, 13 RAM 1500 Longhorn (not a toad) American STEEL = American profits
RET USAF MSGT (26yrs) and still DoD ATC.
DW,DS,DD in the MH w/Westley the killer PUG!
30 REPLIES 30

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Swimming uphill on this one man - Look at FMCA! There is no room for snobbery in RV land anymore ๐Ÿ™‚
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

dubdub07
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
After being on various forums for almost 20 years, me thinks the call for change is a subtle form of snobbery. Yes, it would be nice to get those lower cost Gas Class A's away from the Diesel forum:B Those that made the jump to Diesel and can afford it, do not want to see or hear about any problems those low life Gassers have:B From a RV Tech standpoint, I like having Gas and Diesel on the same forum. Maybe what we really need is a CHASSIS forum, just for Diesel and Gas. A LOT of non chassis issues belong to both Diesel and Gas rigs. Doug

I can assure everyone that this is not what this is about. Look at my sig, I am a modest man using my mil retirement to pay for my DP. I am just a middle aged enlisted guy. We all make choices, I am not one to criticize choice.

I will humbly bow my head and yield.

WW
TOADS: 12 Jeep JKUR Wrangler, 16 Cherokee Trailhawk, 15 Grand Cherokee, 13 RAM 1500 Longhorn (not a toad) American STEEL = American profits

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
After being on various forums for almost 20 years, me thinks the call for change is a subtle form of snobbery. Yes, it would be nice to get those lower cost Gas Class A's away from the Diesel forum:B Those that made the jump to Diesel and can afford it, do not want to see or hear about any problems those low life Gassers have:B From a RV Tech standpoint, I like having Gas and Diesel on the same forum. Maybe what we really need is a CHASSIS forum, just for Diesel and Gas. A LOT of non chassis issues belong to both Diesel and Gas rigs. Doug

et2
Explorer
Explorer
2 for - if it isn't broke don't fix it. I don't mind reading about both. Heck you might learn something that would sway your decision in a purchase way down the line. Like the cheap handling fixes we hear many of the gassers complain about. Really don't get the problem all of a sudden.

But there are differences other than brakes and engines. Lots. I don't know too many gassers that are loaded up with suspension benefits, steering, frame benefits, and all the fancies you can get on the inside. Eletrical stuff alone would boggle the mind of most class A gassers. Heating systems, etc.

But I vote leave it as is.

dubdub07
Explorer
Explorer
donkeydew wrote:
if it is not broke don't fix it.

And I say it is broke my friend.

And here is why a category with GAS A and Diesel A would work;

Separated the two, those that have the F53 and similar know the issues. Those that go to GAS A know what is coming and how much to invest in helping. It keeps things neat. Tidy.

Those that have the Diesel A go to there section. Freightliners, air bags, big diesel generators....etc. Nice and tidy.

Then if you have time, you can look at both. Just like going to General RV issues, you know that if you don't have and issue to post, you are just looking to help out or find advice on an issue you didn't know you had.

Seems like their is a brotherhood of gasser Class A that like it the way it is. As a DP owner, most of the posts in Class A are not relevant to what I need.

Just a thought. I was only looking to help both out in splitting the two for efficiency. I am left brained.

WW

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
dubdub07 wrote:
Not that this is a "mine is different so it's better" thread, but at a minimum we could get DP on the drop down to better sort the the gassers from the DPs. Not much similar in the two.

WW

The people you need to convince work for Good Sam Enterprises. They own the forum and make the decisions on how it operates, or even if it operates.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mile High wrote:
dubdub07 wrote:

WW
I personally like your idea.

To me, the only thing common between a gas Class A and a Diesel Class A are the things that are common to ALL RVs, like that silly list Dale took the time to type out. Heck, a truck camper met most of that list.

Once you get to chassis, I find the gas and diesel are completely different. DPs have a lot of focus on the chassis: rear vs side radiator, tag axles, air ride suspension, air ride leveling, steering tags, aquahot or hydronic heating, diesel gens, independent front suspension, heated floors, etc. Also more predominate are the residential appliances and all electric coaches.

I would support a change, but doesn't sound like this group is open to much in the way of suggestion ๐Ÿ™‚

2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
dubdub07 wrote:

WW
I personally like your idea.

To me, the only thing common between a gas Class A and a Diesel Class A are the things that are common to ALL RVs, like that silly list Dale took the time to type out. Heck, a truck camper met most of that list.

Once you get to chassis, I find the gas and diesel are completely different. DPs have a lot of focus on the chassis: rear vs side radiator, tag axles, air ride suspension, air ride leveling, steering tags, aquahot or hydronic heating, diesel gens, independent front suspension, heated floors, etc. Also more predominate are the residential appliances and all electric coaches.

I would support a change, but doesn't sound like this group is open to much in the way of suggestion ๐Ÿ™‚
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
I too use all and star at the newest and work down. I hover over titles that are iffy to read the first few lines. The title of the Topic is more important than Gas vs. Diesel. Putting compression brakes in the title gets to the right target, up front. I also like reading diesel topics.

I and many others also have gasser which span some of the above listed categories and items. I have an inverter/charger (granted it is a small one), 22.5 wheels, genny is a 7.5k and 50 amp rig.

So I say leave it alone and use good topic titles.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I click on "newest" and scroll for what interests me, be it gasser, diesel, class A,B or C. I even, "gasp" look at trailers. :B... If you're not looking across all categories, you're missing some pretty good stuff...just sayin....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
if it is not broke don't fix it.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
dalenoel wrote:
jplante4 wrote:
I believe most people just watch the "All" category.

I've been watching 'All' and did not even notice there were all of the other groups under Class A Motorhomes. My bad but it is good the way it is. Once you add DP you will need to put the others under it also.

The only advantage to having different categories is when you're searching for a topic in, say Upgrades, which no one does anyway.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
jplante4 wrote:
I believe most people just watch the "All" category.

I've been watching 'All' and did not even notice there were all of the other groups under Class A Motorhomes. My bad but it is good the way it is. Once you add DP you will need to put the others under it also.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
dubdub07 wrote:

WW

So a gas coach does not have (or only a DP has) -
1. 12VDC powered devices
2. Tires that need pressure set by weight
3. Roof leaks
4. Entry steps that fail
5. Propane distribution
6. Absorption fridge that never fail
7. Batteries of some type
8. Owners that boondock
9. Various state taxes
10. Residential fridge
11. TV RF Distribution systems
12. Satellite service
13. 30 or 50 amp AC power
14. Tires that need replacing
15. Televisions
16. Frameless windows
17. A potable water tank
18. Waste water tanks
19. The need for an aftermarket TPMS
20. A generator
21. Full body paint
22. Fiberglass roofs
23. Wheel simulators
24. Windshields that crack
25. Potential for delamination
26. A used vehicle market
27. A tow hitch
28. Propane/electric water heater
29. Roof mounted air conditioners
30. Propane forced air heating
31. Booth or freestanding dinetts
32. The need to winterize
33. Shower skylights
34. Door locks that break locking the owner in or out
35. Propane, CO and smoke detection alarms
36. AC power transfer switch
37. Poor fuel usage rate
38. Roof fans
39. A leveling or stabilizing system
and the list goes on,,,,

For what it's worth Class A's are a very small percentage of the total RV marketplace and DP ownership makes up well under half of group. Being that you all are in the minority at a minimum we could,,,
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53