Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Diesel Pusher category
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Diesel Pusher category

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
donkeydew

OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/18 06:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

if it is not broke don't fix it.

Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/18 08:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I click on "newest" and scroll for what interests me, be it gasser, diesel, class A,B or C. I even, "gasp" look at trailers. [emoticon]... If you're not looking across all categories, you're missing some pretty good stuff...just sayin....Dennis

THE WORLD IS CHANGED BY YOUR EXAMPLE, NOT BY YOUR OPINIONS
Dennis and Debi Ninth Year Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

AllegroD

Outdare

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/18 12:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I too use all and star at the newest and work down. I hover over titles that are iffy to read the first few lines. The title of the Topic is more important than Gas vs. Diesel. Putting compression brakes in the title gets to the right target, up front. I also like reading diesel topics.

I and many others also have gasser which span some of the above listed categories and items. I have an inverter/charger (granted it is a small one), 22.5 wheels, genny is a 7.5k and 50 amp rig.

So I say leave it alone and use good topic titles.

Mile High

CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/18 01:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dubdub07 wrote:

Not that this is a "mine is different so it's better" thread, but at a minimum we could get DP on the drop down to better sort the the gassers from the DPs. Not much similar in the two.

WW
I personally like your idea.

To me, the only thing common between a gas Class A and a Diesel Class A are the things that are common to ALL RVs, like that silly list Dale took the time to type out. Heck, a truck camper met most of that list.

Once you get to chassis, I find the gas and diesel are completely different. DPs have a lot of focus on the chassis: rear vs side radiator, tag axles, air ride suspension, air ride leveling, steering tags, aquahot or hydronic heating, diesel gens, independent front suspension, heated floors, etc. Also more predominate are the residential appliances and all electric coaches.

I would support a change, but doesn't sound like this group is open to much in the way of suggestion [emoticon]

2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

Dale.Traveling

Newport News, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/18 01:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mile High wrote:

dubdub07 wrote:

Not that this is a "mine is different so it's better" thread, but at a minimum we could get DP on the drop down to better sort the the gassers from the DPs. Not much similar in the two.

WW
I personally like your idea.

To me, the only thing common between a gas Class A and a Diesel Class A are the things that are common to ALL RVs, like that silly list Dale took the time to type out. Heck, a truck camper met most of that list.

Once you get to chassis, I find the gas and diesel are completely different. DPs have a lot of focus on the chassis: rear vs side radiator, tag axles, air ride suspension, air ride leveling, steering tags, aquahot or hydronic heating, diesel gens, independent front suspension, heated floors, etc. Also more predominate are the residential appliances and all electric coaches.

I would support a change, but doesn't sound like this group is open to much in the way of suggestion [emoticon]

[image]

2006 Hurricane 31D

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/18 02:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dubdub07 wrote:

WW

The people you need to convince work for Good Sam Enterprises. They own the forum and make the decisions on how it operates, or even if it operates.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

dubdub07

Colorado Springs

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/18 03:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

donkeydew wrote:

if it is not broke don't fix it.

And I say it is broke my friend.

And here is why a category with GAS A and Diesel A would work;

Separated the two, those that have the F53 and similar know the issues. Those that go to GAS A know what is coming and how much to invest in helping. It keeps things neat. Tidy.

Those that have the Diesel A go to there section. Freightliners, air bags, big diesel generators....etc. Nice and tidy.

Then if you have time, you can look at both. Just like going to General RV issues, you know that if you don't have and issue to post, you are just looking to help out or find advice on an issue you didn't know you had.

Seems like their is a brotherhood of gasser Class A that like it the way it is. As a DP owner, most of the posts in Class A are not relevant to what I need.

Just a thought. I was only looking to help both out in splitting the two for efficiency. I am left brained.

WW

* This post was edited 07/07/18 08:50pm by dubdub07 *

2013 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
TOADS: 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon, 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, 2013 SHO, 2013 RAM 1500 Longhorn (not a toad) American STEEL = American profits
RET USAF MSGT (26yrs) and still DoD ATC.
DW,DS,DD in the MH w/Westley the killer PUG!

et2

MI.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/18 07:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2 for - if it isn't broke don't fix it. I don't mind reading about both. Heck you might learn something that would sway your decision in a purchase way down the line. Like the cheap handling fixes we hear many of the gassers complain about. Really don't get the problem all of a sudden.

But there are differences other than brakes and engines. Lots. I don't know too many gassers that are loaded up with suspension benefits, steering, frame benefits, and all the fancies you can get on the inside. Eletrical stuff alone would boggle the mind of most class A gassers. Heating systems, etc.

But I vote leave it as is.

* This post was edited 07/08/18 07:46am by et2 *

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/18 11:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After being on various forums for almost 20 years, me thinks the call for change is a subtle form of snobbery. Yes, it would be nice to get those lower cost Gas Class A's away from the Diesel forum[emoticon] Those that made the jump to Diesel and can afford it, do not want to see or hear about any problems those low life Gassers have[emoticon] From a RV Tech standpoint, I like having Gas and Diesel on the same forum. Maybe what we really need is a CHASSIS forum, just for Diesel and Gas. A LOT of non chassis issues belong to both Diesel and Gas rigs. Doug

dubdub07

Colorado Springs

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/18 12:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dougrainer wrote:

After being on various forums for almost 20 years, me thinks the call for change is a subtle form of snobbery. Yes, it would be nice to get those lower cost Gas Class A's away from the Diesel forum[emoticon] Those that made the jump to Diesel and can afford it, do not want to see or hear about any problems those low life Gassers have[emoticon] From a RV Tech standpoint, I like having Gas and Diesel on the same forum. Maybe what we really need is a CHASSIS forum, just for Diesel and Gas. A LOT of non chassis issues belong to both Diesel and Gas rigs. Doug

I can assure everyone that this is not what this is about. Look at my sig, I am a modest man using my mil retirement to pay for my DP. I am just a middle aged enlisted guy. We all make choices, I am not one to criticize choice.

I will humbly bow my head and yield.

WW

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Diesel Pusher category
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS