Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Our dog exhibits more brains than we do...
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  General Topics

> Our dog exhibits more brains than we do...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/04/18 07:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terrible hot here and has been for a while now, unseasonably warm here in Michigan.

Our dog (unlike us) has come to the realization that the best room in the house is the bedroom because it';s air conditioned....[emoticon]

He gets up in the am, has his breakfast, goes out and pees, comes in and wants to go for his walk. Foes his 3/4 mile and poops on the way back, gets home, has a drink of cool water and goes to the bedroom door and waits until one of us lets him in.

He stays in there all day until dinner time, comes out, eats, pees, poops and heads back to the bedroom where he stays all night.

Been doing that since it got hot about 2 weeks ago.

Smarter than we are......[emoticon]

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 07/04/18 07:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like a great life!

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins (lightly bombed),
2018 Silver Fox 32A - many mods to come!
H0NDA eu2000i

alaska315

Where we park it

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/18 05:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used to be able to do that, Until the neighbors called the cops on me. Still can't figure out why, I was in my own yard.

1995brave

San Antonio, TX

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/18 08:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When it rained Bliss(RIP) used to wait by the back door for me to get the umbrella so she could go to the bathroom. I would open the door, then the umbrella, walk out a couple feet, she would stand under the umbrella for a few seconds, and then run off into the backyard to go potty.

DutchmenSport

Between Anderson, Pendleton, & Lapel, Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/18 12:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I absolutely agree!

A few years ago I remodeled our family room. The room is 32 feet wide and 20 feet deep. The floor is concrete and I was putting down new ceramic 14 inch square tiles. My son returned home to live with us after experiencing a "loss at love" situation. We also had 2 small dogs.

Now, as I was working on the floor, installing the tiles with the concrete mix, the little plastic spacers and all of that, I sectioned off sections of the room where no one should walk for a few hours. I put all sort of barricades in the way.

Both my dogs were smart enough to know to walk around this mess of piles of stuff, blocking off the new tile laid, until the concrete had a chance to dry.

Then my son came into the room and stepped right over the blockaid and right across the newly laid tiles and out the other door!

I totally agree! Dogs are smarter!

DutchmenSport

2013 Outback 298RE
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax Dually
1400 / 14000 Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution
2 Dachshunds, 1 cat, 2 old folks and lots of love!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  General Topics

> Our dog exhibits more brains than we do...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS