cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Our dog exhibits more brains than we do...

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Terrible hot here and has been for a while now, unseasonably warm here in Michigan.

Our dog (unlike us) has come to the realization that the best room in the house is the bedroom because it';s air conditioned....:B

He gets up in the am, has his breakfast, goes out and pees, comes in and wants to go for his walk. Foes his 3/4 mile and poops on the way back, gets home, has a drink of cool water and goes to the bedroom door and waits until one of us lets him in.

He stays in there all day until dinner time, comes out, eats, pees, poops and heads back to the bedroom where he stays all night.

Been doing that since it got hot about 2 weeks ago.

Smarter than we are......:W
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB
4 REPLIES 4

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I absolutely agree!

A few years ago I remodeled our family room. The room is 32 feet wide and 20 feet deep. The floor is concrete and I was putting down new ceramic 14 inch square tiles. My son returned home to live with us after experiencing a "loss at love" situation. We also had 2 small dogs.

Now, as I was working on the floor, installing the tiles with the concrete mix, the little plastic spacers and all of that, I sectioned off sections of the room where no one should walk for a few hours. I put all sort of barricades in the way.

Both my dogs were smart enough to know to walk around this mess of piles of stuff, blocking off the new tile laid, until the concrete had a chance to dry.

Then my son came into the room and stepped right over the blockaid and right across the newly laid tiles and out the other door!

I totally agree! Dogs are smarter!

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
When it rained Bliss(RIP) used to wait by the back door for me to get the umbrella so she could go to the bathroom. I would open the door, then the umbrella, walk out a couple feet, she would stand under the umbrella for a few seconds, and then run off into the backyard to go potty.

alaska315
Explorer
Explorer
I used to be able to do that, Until the neighbors called the cops on me. Still can't figure out why, I was in my own yard.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Sounds like a great life!