Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Ammunition through Canada
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Ammunition through Canada

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
MDKMDK

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/18 05:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

aces-n-eights wrote:

Thanks guys, I'm comfortable with my plan. Appreciate the good comments.

MDKMDK wrote:

No problem. Our laws ARE confusing in regards to firearms and related. We don't even understand all of them, or at least there are more than a few head scratchers. [emoticon]
Soldotna and the surrounding area is one of the places we passed through 2 years back in August/September on our whirlwind tour of northern Canada and Alaska 2016. It's really quite pretty along there in the Kenai. It's got a little bit of everything. It reminded us a little of the Cape Breton highlands.
We actually stopped by the river, when we saw the wood sculptures of the fish/fishermen along the main drag at the Visitor Info Center. Are those stairs and boardwalks down by the river there for fishing? Or, were they part of a Marina or Park? We couldn't tell, but there were more than a few fisherman taking advantage. I sat on the triple salmon bench, but no selfies, sorry. [emoticon] We were headed to Homer, and we spent the night at the Homer Spit CG.

Yeah, we are fortunate to have Kenai River front property and really hate to leave Alaska. We've been trying to convince our kids to come up here, but that hasn't worked so it's time to get closer to them and the grandkids.

The Visitor's Center you mentioned is just upstream from our place on the river. And yes the stairs and boardwalk are public fishing areas. They'll be pretty popular here in a couple of weeks when the reds hit.

You do what you need to do. If there was an easy way to emigrate to the United States, I'd have to seriously consider living in Alaska for some part of the year, if not all year round. It's truly an amazing place, what we saw of it in a few short weeks.
Is it too late to put in an offer on your riverfront property? [emoticon]

Take care, have a safe trip, and never say never.
You might decide to turn it around someday, and move back up there. It'll still be there if you do. [emoticon]

Mike.
2018 Navion 24V "Goldilocks" 2016 JKU "Red" (sold @ ???)
2016 Sunstar 26HE (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

aces-n-eights

Soldotna Alaska

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/18 05:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MDKMDK wrote:

You do what you need to do. If there was an easy way to emigrate to the United States, I'd have to seriously consider living in Alaska for some part of the year, if not all year round. It's truly an amazing place, what we saw of it in a few short weeks.
Is it too late to put in an offer on your riverfront property? [emoticon]

Take care, have a safe trip, and never say never.
You might decide to turn it around someday, and move back up there. It'll still be there if you do. [emoticon]

I think we have a pretty solid offer on the house, but if it falls thru I'll certainly let you know! [emoticon]. You're right, never say never. We've already thought about the possibility of moving back at some point if the situation is right. Alaska is a pretty cool place...once it gets in your blood...

2004 Outfitter 9.5 Apex
2005 Chevrolet 2500 Ext cab, Long box, Duramax
US Army, retired, x 2

MDKMDK

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/18 08:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the offer, if your other deal falls through. [emoticon]
Good luck with it. Make sure you remind your kids often how much you're giving up for them. Especially around Mother's and Father's Day, and your birthdays, and Christmas, of course.[emoticon]
Safe travels.

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/18 08:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MACHZER wrote:

I agree, Ship it. You just going to open a can of grief at the border.
They always suspect a gun and will tear your rig apart to verify

Shipping a large amount of ammo is costly!

Russ & Paula
The Beagles Precious, and Belle.
2001 Dodge 2500 4X4, 5.9 Cummins, NV4500, 3.55's, Pacbrake PRXB, DS Power Puck,RV 275's Bilstein 5100's, 313K miles.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360# GCVW 20,500#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Ammunition through Canada
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS