Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Forum Posting Help and Support: Posting Photos
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
rk911

Wheaton IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/18 02:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

perfect! thanks for the assist.

'73,
rich, n9dko
Every retired man needs three things....a good truck, a good dog and a working wife

'10 Jeep Liberty KK

Johno02

Lexington, TN USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/18 04:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just use the IMGUR link recommended in the tech support section. Just drag a picture into it, then pick up the link address and drop it in the post. Simple, easy to use, and has always worked for me.

Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)
2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 wife, 1 dog(?)

Wanderer26

Niles michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/18 03:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Need help. I’m new to this forum. I have been trying to post a pic of my fiver to my profile. But everytime i try to save it keeps telling me i went over the 100kb limit. I can’t crop anymore out of the pic or it will be no use posting it. My other forum has a 100kb limit also and the pic posts just fine. Not sure what to do. I don’t have a computer. I use an ipad for everything.

pulsar

Lewisville, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/18 06:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wanderer26 wrote:

Need help. I’m new to this forum. I have been trying to post a pic of my fiver to my profile. But everytime i try to save it keeps telling me i went over the 100kb limit. I can’t crop anymore out of the pic or it will be no use posting it. My other forum has a 100kb limit also and the pic posts just fine. Not sure what to do. I don’t have a computer. I use an ipad for everything.

Here is a discussion about changing the file size for a signature. (I know you are wanting to post a profile picture, but the idea is the same, except the signature picture has a much tighter restriction - 30KB.)

The whole idea is that although cropping will reduce file size, that's usually not good enough and changing the resolution is the way to go.

I know little about iPhotos and iPad so I'm not sure I can help you change the resolution. If you can export the picture and use Apple's preview program, Save As... allows you to change the resolution of a jpeg.

Tom

Washington, DC

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/18 08:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wanderer26 wrote:

Can you provide a URL link to your 'Profile' photo from a hosting site such as Google, Dropbox, Imgur, etc? It will allow us to look at the photo to see what's causing the issue?

BTW, have you tried to post your Profile from RV.NET?

Wanderer26

Niles michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/18 10:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will just forget the profile pic. As i don’t have any idea how to do what you folks are suggesting. I did go into settings and try to change the resolution but my ipad doesn’t have that function. Thanks to TOM, and 1492 for trying to help. I appreciate it. When i was in school a computerwas as big as a house. I never learned how to use one. The ipad is self taught. Thanks again.

pulsar

Lewisville, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/18 09:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wanderer26 wrote:

I will just forget the profile pic. As i don’t have any idea how to do what you folks are suggesting. I did go into settings and try to change the resolution but my ipad doesn’t have that function. Thanks to TOM, and 1492 for trying to help. I appreciate it. When i was in school a computerwas as big as a house. I never learned how to use one. The ipad is self taught. Thanks again.

If you post the picture in this thread, i'll download it, reduce the file size and repost it. You can then download it and put it in your profile.

(We're on the road, so I might not see the picture right away.)

Tom

Washington, DC

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/18 12:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As a new member, he may not have enough posts, so the image would be removed. Part of spam protection instituted some time ago.

Wanderer26

Niles michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/18 12:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tom, i really appreciate your help to a total electronics dummy. All this computer stuff might as well be in chinese as i don’t understand a bit of it. I can fix an airplane and make it fly and fly it when i’m done. But can’t post a common picture. Soemtimes a person just has to let things go. Thanks again for trying to help me.

Washington, DC

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/18 02:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wanderer26 wrote:

I can fix an airplane and make it fly and fly it when i’m done.

See, I find that amazing. I can fix my cars, ones actually built in Germany and Japan. But never learned to fly. Though was a passion of mine, and even went to college as an AE. So can design airplanes, but can't fly them. Now in a completely different field.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS