cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kudos to Dexter axles!

ulvik
Explorer
Explorer
A couple of weeks ago while coming home from a trip I noticed our TT was leaning about 3 inches to the right. After looking it was determined that is was the axels causing the problem. I slowly made it back home and contacted the local dealership and dropped it off. Letting the dealership handle it was a joke and after a week they informed me they contacted Forest River and never got a response. I told them the camper is out of warranty through Forest River but the axles are still covered through Dexter. Just got a confused look! I called Dexter personally. I sent them multiple pictures and completed their warranty form and this morning they called me and told me that they are going to cover the axles as well as the labor to change them. Kudos to Dexter, glad to see a company that actually covers their warranty and does not try to wiggle out of it! I told them I have a trip planned in 7 weeks and was informed I would receive the new axels in a about 9 days. Will update the progress!
2018 Ram 3500 DRW
2015 Heartland Big Country 3650RL
Great Smokey Mountains
18 REPLIES 18

ulvik
Explorer
Explorer
Got my camper back yesterday with new axels! Good as new Thank you again Dexter!!!!!
2018 Ram 3500 DRW
Great Smokey Mountains

ulvik
Explorer
Explorer
Was just informed by Dexter that the axels will be here in two days and they are going to pay for two hours labor to swap them out. Thanks again Dexter!!!!
2018 Ram 3500 DRW
Great Smokey Mountains

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
ulvik wrote:
LarryJM wrote:
Ralph Cramden wrote:

Not sure why you won't post their name so others may possibly be able to avoid them, or post the pictures of the issue so that others can see it and know what to look for if they have the same setup / axle, but thats your perogative I guess. IMO I would say why even post at all, but thats just me and I'm weird.

I agree, someone comes here, complains and they won't share any details so it might help others ... NOT VERY HELPFUL AT ALL ... Like you said ... why even post:h

Larry

Just to make things perfectly clear to those that want to complain gripe or argue with MY post. It was to clearly thank and give credit where credit is due and that was to Dexter axels for standing by their products. Sorry I even decided to describe the entire scenario now because some people are more focused on the faults of some than the actual fact that a company stood by their product. Sorry I am not apparently spiteful enough for some!

Apparently so lol.....has nothing to do with being spiteful....

You post that a dealer told you Forest River would not return their calls. Funny that they return my calls and I'm not a Forest River Dealer. It may take a day or two but they always returned calls.

It just seems prudent that when posting in an RV forum and mentioning a dealer pulling this type of BS, others could benefit from knowing who the mentioned dealer is so they may avoid them if the desire.

Oh well
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a bent Dexter axle and replaced it with a new Dexter. When I installed it I found a manufacturing defect. Notified Dexter and the replaced it right away. I am very pleased with Dexter's prompt replacing of that axle.

ulvik
Explorer
Explorer
LarryJM wrote:
Ralph Cramden wrote:

Not sure why you won't post their name so others may possibly be able to avoid them, or post the pictures of the issue so that others can see it and know what to look for if they have the same setup / axle, but thats your perogative I guess. IMO I would say why even post at all, but thats just me and I'm weird.

I agree, someone comes here, complains and they won't share any details so it might help others ... NOT VERY HELPFUL AT ALL ... Like you said ... why even post:h

Larry

Just to make things perfectly clear to those that want to complain gripe or argue with MY post. It was to clearly thank and give credit where credit is due and that was to Dexter axels for standing by their products. Sorry I even decided to describe the entire scenario now because some people are more focused on the faults of some than the actual fact that a company stood by their product. Sorry I am not apparently spiteful enough for some!
2018 Ram 3500 DRW
Great Smokey Mountains

LarryJM
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
ulvik wrote:
Ralph Cramden wrote:
Going by your signature I find it hard to believe Forest Rivers Rockwood division was the problem based on my dealings with them directly. Why not post the dealers name as that's where I believe the B.S. originated.

I have had some dealings with Dexter and they have always been exceptional.

Never said that Forest River in any way was at fault only that my unit is not under warranty through Forest River anymore. And as far as the dealership that is not appropriate to me. I just had to do all the leg work myself to get things done.

Well you sort of did........"they informed me they contacted Forest River and never got a response".

To me that implies that Forest River does not respond to their dealers, and I will be the last person to defend Forest River as a whole, but whatever.

Its evident the dealer is incompetent, or just plain sucks.

Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

ulvik
Explorer
Explorer
Ozlander wrote:
Hopefully, the dealer can install them in a months time.
I wouldn't count on it.

They say they can but one thing is for sure if they cant I can! LOL
2018 Ram 3500 DRW
Great Smokey Mountains

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully, the dealer can install them in a months time.
I wouldn't count on it.
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
ulvik wrote:
A couple of weeks ago while coming home from a trip I noticed our TT was leaning about 3 inches to the right. After looking it was determined that is was the axels causing the problem. I slowly made it back home and contacted the local dealership and dropped it off. Letting the dealership handle it was a joke and after a week they informed me they contacted Forest River and never got a response. I told them the camper is out of warranty through Forest River but the axles are still covered through Dexter. Just got a confused look! I called Dexter personally. I sent them multiple pictures and completed their warranty form and this morning they called me and told me that they are going to cover the axles as well as the labor to change them. Kudos to Dexter, glad to see a company that actually covers their warranty and does not try to wiggle out of it! I told them I have a trip planned in 7 weeks and was informed I would receive the new axels in a about 9 days. Will update the progress!

One of the benefits of going with an American owned company. Many of their components are manufactured elsewhere ( some in China), but, itโ€™s still an American company!!!
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

ulvik
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
Going by your signature I find it hard to believe Forest Rivers Rockwood division was the problem based on my dealings with them directly. Why not post the dealers name as that's where I believe the B.S. originated.

Never said that Forest River in any way was at fault only that my unit is not under warranty through Forest River anymore. And as far as the dealership that is not appropriate to me. I just had to do all the leg work myself to get things done.
2018 Ram 3500 DRW
Great Smokey Mountains

ulvik
Explorer
Explorer
RCMAN46 wrote:
You indicate it was an axle problem.

If you were to share some of the pictures you sent to Dexter it would be appreciated.

I would rather not. Because this day and age I am afraid some people would use them to say their axels are bad just to scam the company. Hope you understand. Ill just say the spindles set higher on one side than the other on both torsion axels.
2018 Ram 3500 DRW
Great Smokey Mountains

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II

2edgesword
Explorer
Explorer
Great to hear about a company backing up their product and providing excellent customer service.