cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Adding swivel to front seats

awesomeman
Explorer
Explorer
I have a class c minnie Winnie on an e 350 chasis. I really want to add the swivel function to both front seats but Im really not understanding what bracket I need/is best. Can someone here help point me in the right direction. Basically just need to know which kit to order to add swivel both my front seats
13 REPLIES 13

4gone
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2018 Minnie Winnie 31g. I called Winnebago and ordered the swivel bases from them. Had both installed in less than an hour. About $200.00 each plus delivery.
2018 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 31G
2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Even Brake
Firestone air bags
Blue Ox Alladin tow bar
Hankook Tires

awesomeman
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.discountvantruck.com/rvseatbases/rvFordseatbases.htm

Just want to verify that my 2018 winnebago (2017 ford e350 frame) will fit

96+ SWIVEL Base
FACTORY SEAT Base REPLACEMENT

Thanks!

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
RE: the seat pedestal going up/down.
Has anyone seen the add-on cushion that's being used ?
It raises the seating height but i'm not sure how comfortable it really is due to less back support. It seems to be a common enough option these days.

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Another Winnebago product but on the Sprinter chassis is the View/Navion with swivel front seats. I love them, and swivel the passenger seat around every night when we stop as part of setting up, or swivel both of them when we have visitors.

With the slideout sofa, makes a nice living room, and TV is visible from all the seating. I like that we arenโ€™t wasting that space when parked. Makes the RV feel roomy inside, especially the models with skylight over the cab.

The key is that they are easy to swivel. Takes about a minute.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dusty R wrote:
We have a 2015 Itasca Spirt 27Q on a Ford E-450.
The seats do swivel around, but the coach floor is 3-1/2" higher than the cab. Because we spend the winter in the mh I take the seats off the bases and with angle iron raise them. This a bit of a task, but is a lot nicer to sit in. It would be nice they were also adjustable up and down.
Maybe I should do some shopping and see there is an after market seat available that not only swiveled but also went up and down.

Dusty ... you're right on with that desire for a swivel + up/down underseat frame for the stock passenger seat on E350s and E450s! I'd pick up one of those up in a flash if I could find an after market one.

I love our Spirit's "basement design" such that the outside storage compartments are really useful for a lot of storage, but that 3-4" difference between the cab-coach floors really makes a swivel + up/down passenger seat necessary.

I wonder if big rig truckers' seats swivel plus adjust up and down?
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2015 Itasca Spirt 27Q on a Ford E-450.
The seats do swivel around, but the coach floor is 3-1/2" higher than the cab. Because we spend the winter in the mh I take the seats off the bases and with angle iron raise them. This a bit of a task, but is a lot nicer to sit in. It would be nice they were also adjustable up and down.
Maybe I should do some shopping and see there is an after market seat available that not only swiveled but also went up and down.

Pops
Explorer
Explorer
Hey awesome, got a 2012 winney, aspect 28t, has the swivel seats, pain in butt to swivel..but after months of doing it....now is so easy.....and definitely would install if didn't have. Maybe call WBO for info...
2012 Itasca Cambria 28T

maillemaker
Explorer
Explorer
My 1990 Winnebago Warrior has manual seats that swivel. As Jim and others said - the passenger front seat can be made to swivel around to face rearward - once you slide it forward a bit and lean the seat back forward. But once you've done it, it's not the most comfortable seat since the cab floor is lower than the house floor.

I've used it this way once when we had a bunch of visitors in the RV and needed the extra seat.

Steve
1990 Winnebago Warrior. "She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts!"

jim1632
Explorer
Explorer
I agree on the difficulty in using swivels on the C Class front seats. If you look closely you wlil notice that the front seats are lower than the flooring behind them. If you swivel, the seat is at the same level as the rear floor so your only seating alternative is to stretch out your legs.

Also swiveling the seat involves a lot of trouble because the passenger seat is near to the dash with little adjustment room. Have never tried to install a Swivel driver seat but expect impediments at the steering wheel.

Not worth the installation difficulty, plus $200-300 per swivel. Did it twice and never used more than 4-5 times. Put your effort into more comfortable cushions at the dining table.

F1bNorm
Explorer
Explorer
We have a swivel on our passenger seat (E350, also) and it's a bit of a hassle to use. The space is very tight and you have to slide the seat back and forth, plus fold forward as it goes around. Once done it's OK but reclining is limited. The floor on our rig is flat, but if there is a rise from cab to coach, the seat is not comfortable. On the drivers side, not sure it will turn around due to the steering wheel. When doing the install, allow for the seat belt sensor wiring. Our MH came equipped with the swivel so I can't comment on brand.

Norm
F1BNorm

awesomeman
Explorer
Explorer
oh I don't want electric.....simple manual is the way to go

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
you find me some electric seats and you can have mine. Totally worthless IMO. Hard to use and add little to overall usable seating.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I did mine on a Chevy Chassis but This Thread will give you some information on the parts you need and where to get them.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C