Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE GOOD SAM YOU MIGHT NOT BE COVERED

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
I got my new cards today they charged me for renewel
I decided to look at the coverage and relized they dont cover motorhomes
I called and they said you had to order motorhome coverage special even if you had it in the past otherwise its just for towables now

SO PEOPLE IF YOUR PAYING THE SAME AS LAST YEAR YOUR NOT COVERED FOR YOUR MOTORHOME
17 REPLIES 17

RoadsideGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Hello catldog - Thanks for the post. I am sorry to hear of your experience with your tires, and would like to investigate further.

Please send me a PM with your best phone # and membership # and I'll reach back to you.

Thanks in advance.
Darren J White
Senior Director - Operations
Good Sam Roadside and TravelAssist

catldog
Explorer
Explorer
Had GS roadside assistance for probably 15 years, never had reason to call them, until 2016 blew a tire on I-10 just out of Mobile on the Eastern shore of Mobile bay,called GS immediately, was Saturday morning,after 3 hours in the Sams parking lot the road service guy changed 2 tires very quickly, did a good job,I signed his ticket and turns out GS dinged me for $400.00 over what the tire service charged them, 1400.00 plus for 2 off brand 18 wheeler steer tires.Whatcha gonna do? Hope you're watching GS, needless to say I did not renew.jg
2001 Winnebago Journey DL 36 DP

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I had a multiyear plan from GS. When they changed the coverage, I was automatically up graded to Platinum.
2014 American Eagle

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
viajante wrote:
That is very useful news. I noticed that my renewal was significantly higher than usual, but I didn't know why. Guess I will be going with the FMCA roadside assistance program.

Us too! At $69 a year, best deal around!
2010 Suncruiser

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
compare chart Good Sam

This chart is very elusive - you don't see the change until you select one of the plans.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Even the new Coach Net policy will only tow you to nearest facility that can handle the mh or 200 miles.
They did not come to my wife's call in April. Battery had a bad cell and would have exploded if driven further. They stopped to check out the bad smell and car refused to start, transmission would not come out of park and so on. She called them and half hour later they could not find anyone to tow them and no facility that could do them any good within the 200 mile limit. They could send someone from Atlanta I think but they would have to pay for part of the tow.
Fortunately they saw a Tire Shop down the hill a good bit away and walked to them. They drove to the car diagnosed the problem and replaced the battery.
FMCA Roadside Assistance is in our plans. We have Good Sams too but she forgot.
*Of course Atlanta was not 200 miles away but the Agent for Coach Net was probably somewhere in India and did no know that. They also did not know about the Tire Store and I'm sure many other Services nearby.

Georgew48
Explorer
Explorer
I have only had to use them twice over the many years I have been a member and both time the service was excellent. My only compliant is that they don’t give long time loyal customers like me the same rate break that they give new members. Once they got you o more price breaks.
2015 Georgetown XL 377 TS 38 foot motorhome.
1929 Model A Ford Sport Coupe
2009 Honda TRX 420FA Red (Hers)
2009 Honda TRX 420FA White (Mine)
1999 Chaparral 2130 SS limited edition ski boat

viajante
Explorer
Explorer
That is very useful news. I noticed that my renewal was significantly higher than usual, but I didn't know why. Guess I will be going with the FMCA roadside assistance program.

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

I switched to Coach Net ten years ago and glad I did. We recently had a breakdown in Alaska. Our MDT lost turbo. CN sent outa heavry duty wrecker for the MDT and another tow vehicle for our large 44’ 5er. They towed us to a campground and next morning towed our 4400 International truck to Anchorage to International truck dealer for repairs. CN provided us with great service.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
jarata1 wrote:
I decided to look at the coverage and relized they dont cover motorhomes.

SO PEOPLE IF YOUR PAYING THE SAME AS LAST YEAR YOUR NOT COVERED FOR YOUR MOTORHOME

Even when you *were* covered, you weren’t really covered.

I spent several cold hours on the side of I-79 in a snow storm in Feb. 2013 while GS RS tried to get a tow company to pick us up at their reduced rates when their phones were ringing off the hook with customers willing to pay full pop.

After they finally got caught up one tow operator agreed to pick us up, but he was too tired to disconnect the driveshaft and so it cost me many thousand of dollars for a new transmission............ for the “free” tow.

Several very polite GS CS reps have over the years assured me all I need to do is submit the paperwork (again) and ‘the cheque is in the mail’......

Hey Marcus, the mail’s not THAT slow.

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had been a happy Good Sam Roadside Assistance subscriber for several years until they dropped the low coverage option for motorhomes and forced everyone in a Platinum plan. Would have been happy for an RV only plan at the same cost but that wasn't an option. Needless to say I now have coverage with someone else for about the same as I was paying for the old plan.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
wallynm wrote:
You need to read it carefully. For example if it is determined that an uncovered part damages a covered part then you may have no claim at all.

You are talking about the RV extended warranty. The OP is talking about roadside service. Different animals.

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Try Coach-Net. Been happy with them for years. GS left me stranded years back.

GSRoadsideAssis
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the post jarat1. We apologize for the confusion. Please send a private message with your mebership and contact info and someone will reach out to you.

Thank you,

Zach