Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE GOOD SAM YOU MIGHT NOT BE COVERED
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE GOOD SAM YOU MIGHT NOT BE COVERED

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
viajante

Plumas Lake, CA, (near Yuba City) USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/18 09:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is very useful news. I noticed that my renewal was significantly higher than usual, but I didn't know why. Guess I will be going with the FMCA roadside assistance program.

Dave & Brenda
Shadow (Sheltie), and Zoe (Shih Tzu)Faithful Companions
2008 Itasca Sunrise 35L

Georgew48

Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/18 05:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have only had to use them twice over the many years I have been a member and both time the service was excellent. My only compliant is that they don’t give long time loyal customers like me the same rate break that they give new members. Once they got you o more price breaks.

2015 Georgetown XL 377 TS 38 foot motorhome.
1929 Model A Ford Sport Coupe
2009 Honda TRX 420FA Red (Hers)
2009 Honda TRX 420FA White (Mine)
1999 Chaparral 2130 SS limited edition ski boat

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/18 08:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Even the new Coach Net policy will only tow you to nearest facility that can handle the mh or 200 miles.
They did not come to my wife's call in April. Battery had a bad cell and would have exploded if driven further. They stopped to check out the bad smell and car refused to start, transmission would not come out of park and so on. She called them and half hour later they could not find anyone to tow them and no facility that could do them any good within the 200 mile limit. They could send someone from Atlanta I think but they would have to pay for part of the tow.
Fortunately they saw a Tire Shop down the hill a good bit away and walked to them. They drove to the car diagnosed the problem and replaced the battery.
FMCA Roadside Assistance is in our plans. We have Good Sams too but she forgot.
*Of course Atlanta was not 200 miles away but the Agent for Coach Net was probably somewhere in India and did no know that. They also did not know about the Tire Store and I'm sure many other Services nearby.

Mile High

CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/18 09:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

compare chart Good Sam

This chart is very elusive - you don't see the change until you select one of the plans.

* This post was edited 07/07/18 09:18am by Mile High *

2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

IB853347201

Eastern Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/18 07:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

viajante wrote:

That is very useful news. I noticed that my renewal was significantly higher than usual, but I didn't know why. Guess I will be going with the FMCA roadside assistance program.

Us too! At $69 a year, best deal around!

Blaster Man

USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/18 11:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a multiyear plan from GS. When they changed the coverage, I was automatically up graded to Platinum.

2014 American Eagle

catldog

Rosharon, Texas, USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/18 04:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had GS roadside assistance for probably 15 years, never had reason to call them, until 2016 blew a tire on I-10 just out of Mobile on the Eastern shore of Mobile bay,called GS immediately, was Saturday morning,after 3 hours in the Sams parking lot the road service guy changed 2 tires very quickly, did a good job,I signed his ticket and turns out GS dinged me for $400.00 over what the tire service charged them, 1400.00 plus for 2 off brand 18 wheeler steer tires.Whatcha gonna do? Hope you're watching GS, needless to say I did not renew.jg

2001 Winnebago Journey DL 36 DP

RoadsideGuy

Colorado

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/18 04:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello catldog - Thanks for the post. I am sorry to hear of your experience with your tires, and would like to investigate further.

Please send me a PM with your best phone # and membership # and I'll reach back to you.

Thanks in advance.

Darren J White
Senior Director - Operations
Good Sam Roadside and TravelAssist

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE GOOD SAM YOU MIGHT NOT BE COVERED
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS