cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anderson Camper Levelers, anyone use them, do you like them?

Not applicable
Hi, sorry I can't seem to attach a picture of them, but they are orange 2 piece that have an arc you drive on and level to the thickness. I don't see anyone using them at campgrounds I stay in so far.....

I'm trying to carry less boards for leveling and was wondering if you have experience using these? I like the look and concept, what's your opinion?

Thanks
Normy

Not sure this is the correct forum to post this.
Me
DW
DS
DS
Oscar
Buddyboy
55 REPLIES 55

golf_bears
Explorer
Explorer
I have a set that I no longer need. New RV has the hydraulic leveling system. I enjoyed using the Anderson Levelers on our previous RV, they worked great.

If your interested in buying them, PM me and maybe we can work something out.

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
I use 5/4 X 2 1/2' decking boards for leveling, keep 8 of them on my trips, yes they take up space. I have other advantages, as I can chock both sides of my trailer, I have used them for pitching my sewer hose on uneven ground, make good weights for keeping my outdoor rug from blowing away where their is lots of wind, used on occasion to level my weber grill. I also store about 6 to 8 1'2X6. I have had trips where I have had to use all my lumber.

Yeah I know the thread is old...

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
WOW, reurecting the DEAD
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

kcfissel
Explorer
Explorer
I use three pieces of 2x8 of successively shorter lengths.

I bevel the ends and cut a 1" dado across the top of the bottom two.

Also I put a 1" spline on the bottom of the top two so they nest when stacked and don't slide
My level requires 1 1/2" thickness of lift per mark on the level, so I get the trailer where I want it, look at the level, roll forward, stack the boards, back on, set the chocks, have a beer.

I'm not keen on supporting vandals either.
Ken

โ€œneedsโ€ and โ€œwantsโ€ are pesky things to distinguish, and the bigger the peskierโ€ฆ

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
I've been using these Slant Levelers for years. The only issue I've had is sinking in soft ground. Good for about 3" of lift. With a level on the pinbox, getting the trailer level is a breeze.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

Kevinwa
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Anderson levellers, buried somewhere in a storage hatch. I have only once used them, not because I dislike them, more because digging them out would be to much of a hassle to me. I carry a five foot section of 2X10 and that is all I have needed to level the camper in the four years we have owned it. I find that most stalls are crowned and simply moving left or right a foot and sometimes the addition of the 2X10 under one side or the other is more then enough to level. I used to carry an assortment of other boards, but never used them. If I needed more leveling I would either pull out the andersons or cut a foot or two off the 2x10 since I have a close axle spacing.

I really Iike the long chunk of wood over a few short ones because after all the kids stuff is loaded In The truck box I just slide it on top of everything under the box cover. It is then always right there when I need it instead of buried under something or fallen in a crack like a few short pieces would be. Maybe I should sell the Andersenโ€™s?

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon has hundreds of reviews of both the Andersen and Camco versions of these levelers. About 20% of the Camco reviewers say they often skid, probably because they are shorter (and thus a steeper angle) than the Andersen design. About 15% of Andersen reviewers complain about breakage.

Pick your poison.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
FF286 wrote:
Being plastic there is the possibility of them breaking, I have broken my LEGO blocks in the past.

SoundGuy wrote:
Years ago I wrote to TriLynx suggesting that aside from individual Lynx Levelers they offer pre-manufactured bases in 5, 6, 7, 8 Lynx lengths, bases strong enough to eliminate cracking as an issue. Of course my suggestion was ignored so I did the next best thing and built my own using 3/4" plywood as a base.

nayther wrote:
So that bottom layer of legos is screwed to the plywood?

Essentially yes, but it's how each Lynx is secured to the plywood base that's key, as illustrated in my gallery. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks. I will have to do this as well; I broke a Lynx last week.

I also have the Anderson levelers and like them; so far at least....
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

cfuller3
Explorer
Explorer
I use them exclusively. Love them. Also have the jack model for higher lift if necessary.
2008 Ram dually, mildly tuned and some breathing mods. 2008 Grand Junction, two cats and go.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
nicely engineered!
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
FF286 wrote:
Being plastic there is the possibility of them breaking, I have broken my LEGO blocks in the past.

SoundGuy wrote:
Years ago I wrote to TriLynx suggesting that aside from individual Lynx Levelers they offer pre-manufactured bases in 5, 6, 7, 8 Lynx lengths, bases strong enough to eliminate cracking as an issue. Of course my suggestion was ignored so I did the next best thing and built my own using 3/4" plywood as a base.

nayther wrote:

Essentially yes, but it's how each Lynx is secured to the plywood base that's key, as illustrated in my gallery. ๐Ÿ™‚

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Larry-D
Explorer
Explorer
I have a set of 4 that I use on two TTs. First time out it was cooler weather and one broke. I emailed and sent photos to Anderson and it was immediately replace at no cost.

This past week I chose to use a board one one side instead of the levelers because I had camped at the site a couple of times before and only needed 1 1/2" of lift on one side. It was easier for me than using the levelers.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
FF286 wrote:

Plastic leveling blocks only break when sitting on an uneven ground surface which can cause part of any given block(s) to be unsupported. This can be avoided entirely by mounting the initial layer of plastic leveling blocks on a solid surface. Years ago I wrote to TriLynx suggesting that aside from individual Lynx Levelers they offer pre-manufactured bases in 5, 6, 7, 8 Lynx lengths, bases strong enough to eliminate cracking as an issue. Of course my suggestion was ignored so I did the next best thing and built my own using 3/4" plywood as a base. That was years ago and I've been using this system ever since, haven't had any breakage or slippage issues since. :B

I have one of the Anderson wedge levelers. It works great, going to get another, I especially like it because it doesn't slide when its slippery. We dry camp a lot in the desert so leveling can be a hassle and I carry quite a few blocks. But we also can dig holes and the new rig has auto leveling so just need to "get close".
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
FF286 wrote:

Plastic leveling blocks only break when sitting on an uneven ground surface which can cause part of any given block(s) to be unsupported. This can be avoided entirely by mounting the initial layer of plastic leveling blocks on a solid surface. Years ago I wrote to TriLynx suggesting that aside from individual Lynx Levelers they offer pre-manufactured bases in 5, 6, 7, 8 Lynx lengths, bases strong enough to eliminate cracking as an issue. Of course my suggestion was ignored so I did the next best thing and built my own using 3/4" plywood as a base. That was years ago and I've been using this system ever since, haven't had any breakage or slippage issues since. :B

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380