Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Anderson Camper Levelers, anyone use them, do you like them?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Anderson Camper Levelers, anyone use them, do you like them?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Ralph Cramden

US

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/18 08:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Get yourself a surplus WW2 Army helmet or better yet a gold football helmet. I told the wife to back up and when she did the Anderson leveler launched itself like a missile, right past my nose by about 3" lol. I gave it away that weekend to a gent who had the site across the road, and it was good I still had the 2x10s in the truck.

[image]

SoundGuy

S Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/18 09:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ralph Cramden wrote:

I told the wife to back up and when she did the Anderson leveler launched itself like a missile, right past my nose by about 3" lol.

I'm sure not funny to you at the time but your description sure conjures up a pretty funny sight! [emoticon]

BizmarksMom

Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/18 09:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use them and really like them. I normally camp on dirt - maybe that makes a difference in how well they work?

2011 F150 towing a Nash 22H

Durb

NW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/18 11:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use mine when I need lift more than an inch which is my sloped driveway for loading and unloading. They are easy to use and are a single person leveling job if you have one of those large levels on the front of your trailer. Andersen has anti-slip rubber pads available - advisable. For lifts an inch or less I just use a yellow leveling block which I always have on hand.

I believe you can buy a set which includes the Rapid Jack which for me works great. I prefer the jack over the levelers.

WTP-GC

FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/18 11:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a pair of them that rarely get used. For me, they're good for a quick overnight stop or some other time you need a fast setup. Last time I tried to used them, the kept slipping out. The time before, sunk in the sand, which pretty much negated the use of them IMO. I used boards almost always. Neat product, but their effectiveness isn't all that neat.

2017 Chevrolet 2500 Duramax Crew Cab Z71
2014 RAM 3500 DRW 4x4 6.7 Cummins w/ Aisin, Flatbed
2018 Grand Design Reflection 150 Series 290BH w/ B & W Companion (T/O Ball)
Old Rig:
2005 Wildcat 29BHBP w/ Andersen UH (Aluminum, lowered version for flatbed)
SBGTF

Normy

Central Mass

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/18 03:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Between this thread and the other SoundGuy linked, the consensus so far favors passing up on them, I'm surprised and bumbed, I thought they were slick. Now if got a pair for Christmas, I wouldn't hesitate to try them. Maybe they need to be wider and more Engineering thought put in to address some of the common issues mentioned.

That Rapid jack looked cool for it's purpose, I wonder why they don't redesign off of that platform?

Anyone do a similar homemade mod willing to post a pic?

Thanks
Normy

Me
DW
DS
DS
Oscar
Buddyboy

FLY 4 FUN

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/18 03:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well I am happy to rock the boat....my Andersen levellers are my favorite rv purchase over the last several years. camp on gravel 100% of the time, and they are a wonderful item. No more stacks of boards, no more drive on/drive off add/subtract wood! We use radios, find the low side and carefully back on until level. In my experience, worth it to leave all the 2x4 2x6 and deck boards at home

2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)

Normy

Central Mass

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/18 04:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FLY 4 FUN wrote:

Well I am happy to rock the boat....my Andersen levellers are my favorite rv purchase over the last several years. camp on gravel 100% of the time, and they are a wonderful item. No more stacks of boards, no more drive on/drive off add/subtract wood! We use radios, find the low side and carefully back on until level. In my experience, worth it to leave all the 2x4 2x6 and deck boards at home

LOL... are you using anything to keep them from sliding or sinking?

And as far as you can tell, they don't add to any rocking, sway or instability when properly chocked & "tightened"?

SoundGuy

S Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/18 04:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Normy wrote:

Anyone do a similar homemade mod willing to post a pic?

Google DIY Andersen Leveler and you'll find a link to what you're looking for. [emoticon]

FLY 4 FUN

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/18 05:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have had the andersons sink slightly in "muddy" situations, but likely no more than a pair of foot long 1" boards would. For sure never had mine slide but I have seen that happen to folks on pavement so don't doubt it could happen.

In addition to the levellers I use the X-chocks between the wheels on both sides and that helps curtail some rocking....but ultimately the suspension can still move with weight shifts in the rig.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Anderson Camper Levelers, anyone use them, do you like them?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS