Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Anderson Camper Levelers, anyone use them, do you like them?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Anderson Camper Levelers, anyone use them, do you like them?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/18 08:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Well if you want to be picky about it an insist on another Andersen product known to fail apparently some have concerns about the company's 5th wheel hitch."

Got it covered! That's where my "folding hitch" comment comes in.[emoticon]

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

FF286

SE Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/18 09:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Would it make you feel better if it had a different name on it? Camco make a similar product, maybe it’s a good idea from them?
I agree I haven’t seen these in a campground yet but I rarely look at what others use to level there camper. Personally I am thinking of trying these out after looking at them. Being plastic there is the possibility of them breaking, I have broken my LEGO blocks in the past.

SoundGuy

S Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/18 06:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FF286 wrote:

Being plastic there is the possibility of them breaking, I have broken my LEGO blocks in the past.

Plastic leveling blocks only break when sitting on an uneven ground surface which can cause part of any given block(s) to be unsupported. This can be avoided entirely by mounting the initial layer of plastic leveling blocks on a solid surface. Years ago I wrote to TriLynx suggesting that aside from individual Lynx Levelers they offer pre-manufactured bases in 5, 6, 7, 8 Lynx lengths, bases strong enough to eliminate cracking as an issue. Of course my suggestion was ignored so I did the next best thing and built my own using 3/4" plywood as a base. That was years ago and I've been using this system ever since, haven't had any breakage or slippage issues since. [emoticon]

[image]

2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS * 2003 Fleetwood Yuma
2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX * 2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH
2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe * 1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

nayther

Burbank, CA

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/18 09:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SoundGuy wrote:

FF286 wrote:

Being plastic there is the possibility of them breaking, I have broken my LEGO blocks in the past.

Plastic leveling blocks only break when sitting on an uneven ground surface which can cause part of any given block(s) to be unsupported. This can be avoided entirely by mounting the initial layer of plastic leveling blocks on a solid surface. Years ago I wrote to TriLynx suggesting that aside from individual Lynx Levelers they offer pre-manufactured bases in 5, 6, 7, 8 Lynx lengths, bases strong enough to eliminate cracking as an issue. Of course my suggestion was ignored so I did the next best thing and built my own using 3/4" plywood as a base. That was years ago and I've been using this system ever since, haven't had any breakage or slippage issues since. [emoticon]

[image]

So that bottom layer of legos is screwed to the plywood?

I have one of the Anderson wedge levelers. It works great, going to get another, I especially like it because it doesn't slide when its slippery. We dry camp a lot in the desert so leveling can be a hassle and I carry quite a few blocks. But we also can dig holes and the new rig has auto leveling so just need to "get close".

DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Larry-D

Middle TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/18 09:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a set of 4 that I use on two TTs. First time out it was cooler weather and one broke. I emailed and sent photos to Anderson and it was immediately replace at no cost.

This past week I chose to use a board one one side instead of the levelers because I had camped at the site a couple of times before and only needed 1 1/2" of lift on one side. It was easier for me than using the levelers.

SoundGuy

S Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/18 11:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FF286 wrote:

SoundGuy wrote:

Years ago I wrote to TriLynx suggesting that aside from individual Lynx Levelers they offer pre-manufactured bases in 5, 6, 7, 8 Lynx lengths, bases strong enough to eliminate cracking as an issue. Of course my suggestion was ignored so I did the next best thing and built my own using 3/4" plywood as a base.

[image]

nayther wrote:

Essentially yes, but it's how each Lynx is secured to the plywood base that's key, as illustrated in my gallery. [emoticon]

[image]

[image]

nayther

Burbank, CA

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/18 03:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nicely engineered!

cfuller3

Port Charlotte, Fl

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/18 08:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use them exclusively. Love them. Also have the jack model for higher lift if necessary.

2008 Ram dually, mildly tuned and some breathing mods. 2008 Grand Junction, two cats and go.

blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/18 08:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SoundGuy wrote:

FF286 wrote:

SoundGuy wrote:

Years ago I wrote to TriLynx suggesting that aside from individual Lynx Levelers they offer pre-manufactured bases in 5, 6, 7, 8 Lynx lengths, bases strong enough to eliminate cracking as an issue. Of course my suggestion was ignored so I did the next best thing and built my own using 3/4" plywood as a base.

[image]

nayther wrote:

Essentially yes, but it's how each Lynx is secured to the plywood base that's key, as illustrated in my gallery. [emoticon]

[image]

[image]

Thanks. I will have to do this as well; I broke a Lynx last week.

I also have the Anderson levelers and like them; so far at least....

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, RAM 20k sliding hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

drsteve

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/18 01:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Amazon has hundreds of reviews of both the Andersen and Camco versions of these levelers. About 20% of the Camco reviewers say they often skid, probably because they are shorter (and thus a steeper angle) than the Andersen design. About 15% of Andersen reviewers complain about breakage.

Pick your poison.

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Anderson Camper Levelers, anyone use them, do you like them?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS