cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing a Bigfoot 30MH27DS

gretchenjack
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at a 2003 Bigfoot 30MH27DS RV. It's loaded with DirecTV Satellite, Two solar panels, stabilizer bars front and rear, Air pressure lifts, 1700 Invertor, Surround sound, new tires, rear side slide (Queen mattress) and dining slide, double pane windows, heated water tanks and 63 gallon fresh water tank, leather Captain chairs, awning, outdoor shower, fiberglass roof. $43,000 And only 5000 miles because the person that owned it never took it anywhere.

Thoughts?

Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" at the top?
    Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions related to forum posting, signature and photo testing, or reporting member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, post your topic in the RV Forum which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!
7 REPLIES 7

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
gretchenjack, I answered your pm, however....I ran out of characters. This is the balance of my written novel! ?? I was not allowed to send a second pm!

Just this morning I discovered, that I need to replace the rear springs on mine. They had lost their set ( went flat) over the years with the weight (Bigfoot’s are very heavy) setting on them. Ford offered 2 different spring packs on the E 450. Mine had the lighter 5100 pound springs, should have had the 7200 pound springs. These will be $300.00/ per side, just for the springs.....I’ll do the work. Rv’ing can/will be very expensive!

I’m not trying to scare you, just want you to be aware of potential additional expenditures! You really should have several thousand “disposable” dollars...after your purchase. There will be many little things on a unit of this age than can crop-up. On the Ford part alone, serpentine belt, heater and radiator hoses, transmission flush ( I recommend, because of age and lack of use). Hopefully you can perform many of the small, non technical tasks yourself....it can save you many hundreds of dollars. Shop time is “very” expensive, whether it’s major repairs or very minor.....the hourly rate is the same!

I hope that all of this did not overwhelm you or depress you.....just want you to be aware!

Best Wishes and Hope All Works Out for You,

Todd
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
With the components mentioned....that’s not a bad price. Not great! My primary concern would be be Ford V-10 engine of that era. There was a head design issue, not enough threads holding in the spark plug. Many people, including my brother, had a spark plug “blow-out”! It’s “not” the end of the world, but darn inconvenient and a little expensive for shop repair. If this happens to you, do not use a conventional “heli-coil” kit for repair.....it will not last. Ford manufactured a special repair kit for this head design. The head, was redesigned by Ford in 2004.5 or 2005.5 ( can’t recall which year)! This should not be a deal-breaker.....just be aware! We just got (last August) an ‘07 Bigfoot 26 SL, and love it....Though we haven’t used it as much as planned!

Not sure what year, they went to fiberglass.....maybe fiberglass was part of their winter pkg. ( dual pane windows, moto-aide heater, rear heater pkg., etc.) during that time period! If you do an internet search....you may find a pdf file for that year model, giving all specifications and options. We found such for our ‘07!
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

Rick_Y
Explorer
Explorer
I just realized you said that one had a fiberglass roof. We have the EPDM rubber roof. I didn't know fiberglass was an option so you might want to double check that.
Rick & Karen
2017 Hideout 177LHS travel trailer
2021 Ford Ranger w/tow package, named "Lil Toe"

Estu inteligenta, kaj parolu Esperanton

Rick_Y
Explorer
Explorer
For what it is worth, we paid just a bit less than that for the same year/model two years ago. We love it. However, as was said above, low miles on that age of an RV is a big warning flag. MAYBE there is nothing wrong but why wasn't an investment of that much money used more than that? Could be (and I hope there is) a good reason but it is well worth having a qualified RV tech look at the RV and a good mechanic look at the chassis and such. If everything checks out you've found a good rig. For that much money, however, it is possible to buy something newer, but I am a strong fan of the Bigfoot products. IAre you sure about that Direct Satellite? I thought only Dish had satellite for RVs. Of course, I still firmly believe in the Tooth Fairy so what do I know?)
Rick & Karen
2017 Hideout 177LHS travel trailer
2021 Ford Ranger w/tow package, named "Lil Toe"

Estu inteligenta, kaj parolu Esperanton

youracman
Explorer
Explorer
There are several Bigfoots for sale on RV Trader (online). Not exact model but would give you a frame of reference. I'm not a big fan of 15 yr-old MHs that haven't been used; unless you know a lot about Class C's I would sure hire a qualified inspector .............. if the floorplan suits you. Just my $.02 Good luck and safe travels. ed s

2007 WGO Outlook 31-C
Toad: 2016 Soul with 6 sp-DIY
Ed Sievers, Denver, CO
07 WGO Outlook 31-C; '16 Kia Soul with 6spd DIY Tranny
"Be the person you needed when you were younger"

Moved from FORUM POSTING HELP AND SUPPORT

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Read before posting here.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman