cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

On our way to Colorado Springs this summer

Gleaner
Explorer
Explorer
Reserved a spot later this summer in Cheyenne National Park for 3 nights per recommendations found on this sight. We are coming from central Kansas and are looking to stay at least one night before we get there. There aren't a lot of choices in eastern Colorado the way it looks. May just be an over night parking spot. Any recommendations?
2012 Forest River Salem 26TBUD
2007 Ford Expedtion EL (sold)
2016 Chevy Express 3500
8 REPLIES 8

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at the KOA in Limon a few weeks ago. Nice enough. Quiet.
Glad we had a reservation. Filled up really fast late in the afternoon.
2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b

caver
Nomad
Nomad
I stayed at Flagler Lake just of I70 (Colorado) a couple years ago. It was not really being maintained but the lake is all but dried up. I enjoyed my night there, very quiet. It's a few miles of gravel road to get there.

MSGTRETIREDCSP
Explorer
Explorer
Colby, Ks has an RV park just east of the Walmart, big parking lot at Walmart, or the Thomas County Fairgrounds (depends on the dates of fair). Goodland, Kansas has a KOA (1st exit to Goodland going West). Burlington has County Fairgrounds (depending on fair dates). Genoa RV campground is closed. Limon has a descent KOA.

Forgot to mention, Stratton, Co (exit 419) has a decent little campground just off I-70.
2016 RAM Tradesman, 3500, DRW, 3:73, B & W hitch.
2007 Select Suites 5th Wheel

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
Give your highway routes and you will get more help. RV Parky is an excellent app to find camping spots of all kinds.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

Gleaner
Explorer
Explorer
accsys wrote:
I assume you meant Cheyenne Mountain State Park! :B

Right! Thanks for the tip on the RV park. We have to decide how far in to Colorado to go in one day. This could be a good option.
2012 Forest River Salem 26TBUD
2007 Ford Expedtion EL (sold)
2016 Chevy Express 3500

gwalter
Explorer III
Explorer III
The fairgrounds in Colby KS have full hookups for $20 per night. We stay there often when heading to NE or KC area. It is just a short drive off of I-70. You are 3.5 hrs from the Springs which is an easy drive the next day.
2010 Ram 3500 Laramie
2021 Bighorn 3120 RK
B & W Companion Hitch
Air Bags

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
I assume you meant Cheyenne Mountain State Park! :B

You might check out the Genoa RV Park in Genoa, CO as it got good reviews on RV Park Reviews or the KOA in Limon, CO as its reviews are only a little less but costs more.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Freecampsites.net lists some spots.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point