cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Trailer Pick Up

cattledog04
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Momentum 354 and pick it up this Saturday. Any advice about what to do when I go do the walk through?
7 REPLIES 7

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
Never listen to a salesman. They will say WHATEVER they need to in order to close a deal or get you out of their shop.
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

cattledog04
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the advice.

2001400ex
Explorer
Explorer
Problem is, some things don't pop up until you use them. I did a thorough PDI but I didn't know my faucet would turn on in transit. Or that my carpet would crumble. Or that the low voltage indicator would beep in the middle of the night when the furnace kicked on. Or that a screw would be loose causing the solar panel to go into over voltage mode.

Then the dealer will lie...."yes the new ones, the bed will be super loud when moving up and down" or "yes the tires should be at 65 PSI when the tire says cold at 80 PSI. I've worked at a tire shop for 10 years". Yes both of those are direct quotes.

Luckily I have a great dealer by me that loves warranty work. Best advice is to use the camper and be diligent in getting warranty work fixed.
2017 Forest River Stealth SA2816
2020 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax
Anderson ultimate fifth wheel hitch

Y-Guy
fj12ryder wrote:
Just one piece of advice: Don't pay the balance until you've done a thorough walk through, and they've repaired/replaced any problems. You have leverage until you pay for the trailer, once it's in your name you have to rely on the dealer's ethics to get any work done in a timely manner.

I have to give a strong, very strong, second to this. They will want you to go to the Finance Office 1st thing and sign everything, hit you up about extended warranties, and other stuff. But once you sign all the paperwork you OWN it and you are now under warranty and repairs need to be approved by the Manufacture. So instead do your PDI 1st. This is YOUR PDI not theirs, ask to be given the time to thoroughly go through it on your own, document using one of the available forms and then go through the dealers "pdi" which is really just the how to use it lecture. The dealer is generally more motivated to fix things before the sale. Good luck!

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
BEFORE you finalize the sale, check every electrical system on both shore power and generator. Check the roof for any problems, and do a though check of the plumbing system (both on "city water" and from the tank with the pump running). Hook it up to a TV and check brakes. Inspect wheels for signs of grease. Make sure to check fit/finish of interior cabinets, etc. My pre-delivery 4 years ago took almost 4 hours, and I still missed a torn slide seal that had to be replaced under warranty.
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just one piece of advice: Don't pay the balance until you've done a thorough walk through, and they've repaired/replaced any problems. You have leverage until you pay for the trailer, once it's in your name you have to rely on the dealer's ethics to get any work done in a timely manner.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Y-Guy
Congrats! This thread will give you some links. *Click Here*

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon