cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AAA or Good Sam

vjswhippet
Explorer
Explorer
My friend has AAA which she said was for towing only? She had both tires (same side) blow out and said it was not covered. I was looking at the Good Sam RV policies and I thought it read that you would have to pay for the tire and service. So does that mean it only covers the call service to come out to your RV ?
Vickie Smith
Kansas City area
2020 Coachmen Leprechaun 260DS
5 REPLIES 5

Tonijim
Explorer
Explorer
On June 24 this year, we experienced a sudden blowout of both right side duallies
( New Firestones with less than 700 miles on them) on a narrow rural road in Tennessee
We waited over 3 hours in 90 degree heat for Good Sam to find a repair truck - turns out that the TA truck service was 3 miles Away!

Shame on you GoodSam for poor service! We pay very good money for this service, and have so informed Good Sam of their poor service in their follow up survey!

Thank heaven for the Tennessee State Highway Patrol who stayed with us for the entire time!

tobydad
Explorer
Explorer
Had a blow out on a rear dual tire. Call to good Sam road service and the repair man was there in 15 minutes (just lucky) expected to wait longer. He removed the tire and replaced it with my spare and that is what the coverage calls for. The repair man suggested a reasonable tire place close by and that I should replace that tire ASAP.

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
CoachNet..great service, has never failed us in 15 Years. AAA has not offered RV plans in some states in the past, so your call might be denied to a state AAA, you are traveling through.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
My AAA Premier Membership with RV addition covers installation of an inflated spare tire on my car or RV. It is my responsibility to provide that inflated spare. Also covered: towing, minor repairs, jump starts, and a bunch of other stuff.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

MobileBasset
Explorer
Explorer
They generally provide a connection to local RV capable service and some limited amount of towing. All services are your responsibility.
MobileBasset
2014 Itasca Spirit 25B on Chevy Express 3500 chassis
Daisy and Hank the Basset Hounds