Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Underperforming front A/C?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Underperforming front A/C?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
doxiemom11

New Mexico

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/18 02:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had neighbors with only a front living room air, unit wired for a 2nd in bedroom. They constantly complained about just the 1 not cooling enough. Ordered a 2nd to be installed in bedroom after having it in to the rv place and check 2 or 3 times and always returned saying - working fine. Son installed 2nd A/C and decided to clean and check front one. Baffles in vent were closing off the vent most of the way and the cooled air was barely coming thru. He readjusted the baffles and guess what ---- 2nd A/C not even needed now .

novasbc

Waco, TX

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/18 10:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all the comments, for some reason I got no email notifications, I thought I set it up for instant email notifications, but I bet it went to spam.

I'll check my ducting myself to start with as some have said, it seems reasonable to stay with.

If that looks good, I'll start with the serial tests described here.

It seems like what I'm describing isn't normal, so I'll keep digging until I can root cause it.

wopachop

lb

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/18 10:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Im new to trailers but not new to construction. Can you take a picture of your front AC unit? Im curious if the only outlet is the ducts?

I would add extra outlets to your existing ducting.

Or more expensive option is install a different style AC unit. A unit that has more free flowing airflow. For example the unit in your garage.

I think trailer companies dont want to blast cold air straight down onto your bed. So front bedrooms get ac units like you have now.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Underperforming front A/C?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS