Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: New Class C owner, question about Majestic 28A
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> New Class C owner, question about Majestic 28A

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Tequila

Canada - Summer, Mexico - Winter

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/18 08:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just bought a used Fourwinds Majestic 28A. My truck & trailer were destroyed in a rollover (yes the one in my sig) and i decided to go for something more managable. Did not want to spend too much as I intend to leave it in Mexico where I spend 6 months a year RVing and sometimes leading RV Caravans. Easier to park it an fly back & forth, especially with fuel prices. Also did not want anything with a slide, but needed something with a walk around bed, so this model fits the bill. One thing it does not have is a rear ladder and I like to get up on the roof and inspect regularly. Anyone have this model with a rear ladder? I would like to see if I can have one fitted.

I have now been through a Tent Trailer, Truck Camper,a travel Trailer and now a Class C.

j-d

Sunny Florida USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/18 09:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it's a Majestic it was a rental, and rental fleets often don't opt for ladders and awnings.

You need to get measurements from a Fourwinds/Majestic owner who has a properly installed ladder, so you know where there's support for the fasteners.

I like 28A's!

If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Mich F

Plantation, Fl

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/18 09:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't have the proper support for a ladder.

2014 Itasca Spirit 31K
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

path1

Varies with weather

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/18 12:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Roof is stronger than any RV we've owned. Including the brand you just totaled. You ever see races or other sport and someone has a cruise and bunch of guys parting on roof. And assembled by thor to cruise standards with corp cruise guys on site when being assembled.
If you strike out, talk to ca corp parts maybe they can send some measurements or picks of strongest cross beams. With my 23p I strap a little stool on top of spare tire and do about a half of pull up to get on roof.

Tequila

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/18 07:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have found a couple of photos on line of this model woith a ladder. I wrote to Thor and they sort of answered my question. Referd me to a dealer nearby, so I guess that is my best bet. This is one case where I would rather pay a dealer to order & install. I am almost 70, climbing up a ladder leaned against it is not my thrill. Also it I snagged a branch on they road, I want to be able to get up there with my roll of eternabond before it rains. I looked at one class A before i bought this. Went up on the roof. It was a ood job I felt with my hand foirst or I woudl have gone right through.

AJR

Close to Madison Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/18 09:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My last class C was a Four Winds 28A. When I had the ladder replaced it cost me about $390 I think for parts & labor, maybe more. So there is a ballpark number for you.

2014 Leprechaun 290QB Chevy 6.0
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

tenbear

Northern Vermont, USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/18 02:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2005 Four Winds 28A with a ladder. That's how it came from the dealer. I often go up on the roof for maintenance, etc. Very useful.

Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

justinhscott

Cape Cod

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/18 03:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Majestic 28A and I ended up buying a lightweight collapsible ladder that rides in the camper

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/18 07:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One of relatives has a 28A with the ladder on the rear.He is the third owner so he dosen't know much about it.I did take some pictures of it including some measurements and the brand name,they may be of help to you.

I don't have access to them right now but I will be home at the end of the week and I will post them when I get home.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

Tequila

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/18 12:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great, thanks.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> New Class C owner, question about Majestic 28A
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS