cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Class C owner, question about Majestic 28A

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a used Fourwinds Majestic 28A. My truck & trailer were destroyed in a rollover (yes the one in my sig) and i decided to go for something more managable. Did not want to spend too much as I intend to leave it in Mexico where I spend 6 months a year RVing and sometimes leading RV Caravans. Easier to park it an fly back & forth, especially with fuel prices. Also did not want anything with a slide, but needed something with a walk around bed, so this model fits the bill. One thing it does not have is a rear ladder and I like to get up on the roof and inspect regularly. Anyone have this model with a rear ladder? I would like to see if I can have one fitted.

I have now been through a Tent Trailer, Truck Camper,a travel Trailer and now a Class C.
19 REPLIES 19

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
That is pretty much the same, Cheaper, but my wife likes the idea of the other one that has a step ladder function. This is because she wants me to clean windows. If I have room, I may just take a 4 ft stepladder I have as well.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
That does sound like an idea.I also don't like to just climb up that rear ladder. When at home and I want to work the roof I use One like this and lean it against the rear next to the attached ladder,that way the ladder is at the right angle and when I get to the top I have hand holds from the rear ladder to hold on to. This really helps when getting up and greatly helps when coming down.

It collapses to a fairly small size and I sometimes take it along on long trips.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
I was reading under more info from the manufacturer and it said ladder height extended was 8'- better check. 😉
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I think its actually 12 foot, its usabel to 8 feet as a step ladder, In other words you have to have the longer bit up against a surface. I will ask the compnay that makes them.

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
Tequila wrote:
I think I have a better idea. This RV has a huge pass through storage. I think maybe if I buy this https://www.amazon.ca/Telesteps-12ES-Compliant-Professional-Telescoping/dp/B007FEMI36. It will be stable and I also get a stepelkadder tro use for cleaning the sides, etc. On the roof I use a stud finder to find joist and install a bathroom grab handle to aid in climbing on or off safely. It folds down very small. Pricey, but I would rather pay more than subject my 70 year old body to a 12 ft fall.

It looks like that ladder you linked is only 8' but 12' reachable. You probably would be better off with that 12 1/2' collapsible ladder on that same link.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I think I have a better idea. This RV has a huge pass through storage. I think maybe if I buy this https://www.amazon.ca/Telesteps-12ES-Compliant-Professional-Telescoping/dp/B007FEMI36. It will be stable and I also get a stepelkadder tro use for cleaning the sides, etc. On the roof I use a stud finder to find joist and install a bathroom grab handle to aid in climbing on or off safely. It folds down very small. Pricey, but I would rather pay more than subject my 70 year old body to a 12 ft fall.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I wa snot aware it was a former rental so I am probbaly 3rd owner. Regarless it is in good condition and fits my needs. I intend to leave it in Guadalajara, Mexico in summer (no hurricane risk & lower humidity) and the cheaper price and no slides, makes it a ood fit. it will be far cheaper for me to fly back & forth for the winter season and just drive it the 5 hours ot the coast each year.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good,happy to help. I saw the post on your accident,so sorry that happened to you and glad to hear that you survived such a bad wreck.I hope you are healing well. I know at 70 it takes a lot longer than it did when I was younger.

Now to welcome you to the Former Rental Owners Club,there more than 100 members now and if you get this done it would be nice to share with the others how it all went on the Former Rental Thread there may be others that want to do the same thing.

Have a Good Time.
Buying A Rental Class C

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Thnaks that pretty well tells me where it is blocked for one.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tequila,here are the pictures that I have of the ladder on his 28A

Click For Full-Size Image.
This is how it is mounted at the bottom
Mounted from edge
and the MFG
This is the one he has it is the hinged one.
I hope this helps,good luck.:B
Buying A Rental Class C

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Great, thanks.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
One of relatives has a 28A with the ladder on the rear.He is the third owner so he dosen't know much about it.I did take some pictures of it including some measurements and the brand name,they may be of help to you.

I don't have access to them right now but I will be home at the end of the week and I will post them when I get home.
Buying A Rental Class C

justinhscott
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Majestic 28A and I ended up buying a lightweight collapsible ladder that rides in the camper

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2005 Four Winds 28A with a ladder. That's how it came from the dealer. I often go up on the roof for maintenance, etc. Very useful.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory