Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Family
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/18 08:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have at least to nest of crows in the woods near us.
They made a ruckus whenever the Parents brought food to the youngins this spring.
Since early June though they have joined the parents patrolling the yard/field.One group of fie youngsters all stick together and play and chase each other.They will grab a small stick and drop it in front of the others daring them to take it or a game of chase.
One will see another three and fly across the field and they will all nudge up against each other and touch beaks. They then will stay close together hunting bugs and grubs or whatever.
They behave like a close knit family.
The Parents guide them around as they dig up grubs, or in one case grabbed a small mouse.
We won't have a white grub problem this year or next or field mice or anything else.
And...the thing that amazes me is they are quiet as Church mice, throughout the day. No waking us up early. Rooster Cogburn and his ladies take care off that.
I've not had my first cup of coffee this morning, to adequately describe the antics of these at least two families.
They may be quiet because they don't want draw the attention of Raptors. Last year we had Mom Golden eagle and two of her outsized young try to catch the Crows on the ground and Mom may have caught one.
You have crows on your property don't kill them or shoo them off.
They will get every white grub or any other grub and bug and field mice etc in the fields and lawns they patrol, if you let them.
And they are quiet except when in a roudy mob.In family groups it seems they behave civily and quietly.
The one particularly large Male perhaps comes right up next to the house.
Thinking, maybe of putting some kind of treats for him near the front porch.

* This post was edited 07/10/18 08:12am by down home *

mr. ed

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/18 05:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yep, animals are fun to watch. More entertaining than some humans. [emoticon]

Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

Jeffe

Greenbrier Arkansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/23/18 09:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

down home …. I enjoyed your post!

We live on 3 acres and back up to a large COE property, full of birds and critters. We enjoy watching them also.

Your post made me smile.

* This post was edited 07/23/18 09:38am by Jeffe *

2002 Winnebago Journey DL - 39QD
330 Cat with 6 Speed Allison
Toad: 2006 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 Hemi

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS