Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Warranty issues
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Warranty issues

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
prd2hnt

Kennard, NE

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/18 10:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am curious. I see lots of posts about quality issues and having to go back to the dealer for warranty issues, we are on our 3rd camper in 15 years and have never had any of them back to the dealer.

Are we just lucky?

Brian & Kathy
Max - 6 year old Springer
'18 Chaparral 30rls
'07 GMC Sierra Duramax 4x4 Extended cab, long box
B&W Companion Turnover Ball
'15 Bennington 21SLX

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/18 11:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes! You are lucky!

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
4 fur kids (Murphy, Monty, Lola and Pinto)

kerrlakeRoo

Va

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/18 11:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think those that are unhappy tend to be very vocal. They feel, and rightly so, that after they paid for a new unit, it should be basically flawless.
That said when the complaints follow a particular brand very heavily, you have to ask if there is a reason. You likely have been lucky, but if you prefer to handle small stuff yourself rather than hassle with going back to the dealer you have made the majority of the issues moot.
Many folks may be willing to handle a few small things themselves, but when there are a couple of major items, the aggravation levels overflow, and then every minor thing becomes a major issue.

Sandia Man

Rio Rancho, NM

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/18 11:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've been fortunate ourselves with our last 2 rigs in that we never had to bring them back to the dealer for any repairs whether in warranty or beyond. We did have some minor issues with interior trim where the dealer just gave us the parts we needed to fix it ourselves.

We do all our own upkeep and maintenance as well, on our current 11 year old TT all systems and appliances are still working fine with the exception of our convection microwave that we had to replace after 8 years. It helps to be handy, we done lots of mods to improve our RVing experience.

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/18 11:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lucky or, oblivious. [emoticon]

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/18 11:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Probably not so much lucky as part of the majority. Rarely do people post about having no issues, so the problems are consequently not really representative of the overall percentage of troubles. Most people don't post because they don't have issues to post about.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

sgip2000

Hillsboro, Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/18 12:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mine has been at the dealer for minor problems for a month now. Keystone keeps sending the wrong parts.

K Charles

Connecticut

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/18 01:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our first forest river was 11 years old when we traded it and it never went back to the dealer. The second one went 7 years without warranty work before trading. One alarm was sent to me and I installed it and a local mobile Tec did the fridge recall. I did put quite sheer bolt in the slide once.

troubledwaters

Potomac

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/18 02:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a warranty repair, it had a scratched and dented body panel when delivered. Not a bid deal, I would have taken a few hundred dollars off but they insisted on fixing it. I took delivery and took it back when I was done camping for the summer. Due to a series of unfortunate circumstances, hey had it 3 months before it was fixed. The biggest issue is not the fix, but how long the fix takes. If they would have just given me a few hundred off I wouldn't have painted the dent and scratch panel and been done with it. Glad I didn't take it back mid-season, I would have been one pissed off customer.

Jim2007

Greeley, Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/18 04:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow.. you are lucky... do you spend much time on the road towing? The bouncing causes break downs for me .... less road time and more parked time less break down..jim2007.

TV: 2016 Dodge 2500 Diesel
Rig: 2013 Heartland, Sundance, 5th wheel

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Warranty issues
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS