Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Goodyear G614 air pressure
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Goodyear G614 air pressure

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/18 09:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

I will stick to what GY Tech Support says to do.

"So, if your OE tires provided 3520# of load capacity inflated to 80 PSI, your target is 3520# for the GY G614s. That’s going to be right at 100 PSI."

May be true but I did not see what tire size the OP was running???

IMO, and being G614's, I would run max air pressure of 110 psi. If they were Sailuns I would run according to weight ,and inflation chart.

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/18 12:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

And gosh, I was so worried. Anything could have happened over these last five years of running reduced air pressure. But, unsurprisingly, it didn't.

Yeah.... lots of folks have used the old Carlisle's/Tow max and other ST poly tire maypops and had good luck with them. Most RV folks never wear a tire out and don't put many miles on a tire.

Here is another RVer that found a downside of going way over his actual load per tire needs....
Posted: 04/27/17 08:01am Link | Quote | Print | Notify Moderator
When it came time for me to replace our tires, I researched many different ways to go. I wound up purchasing 17.5" J rated medium duty truck tires and wheels. When all done and said, it was $5.00 per wheel and tire combo more than just replaceing the 16" tires. This tire and wheel combo is good for 6005 pounds each. Using the inflation chart to get the pressure for the load, I inflated to 80 psi which was good for 4500 pounds per tire. With the first tow with these tires to Kansas City, I have made this trip to the speedway several times before, I was down almost 2 mpg both ways. The tires were 20*-25* hotter than the truck, which I have never experienced before. I inflated them to the side wall pressure, 125 psi for max load, before our trip to Florida. Now the tires run 5*-10* cooler than the truck and my fuel mileage is back where it used to be. I have always run max pressure up until I installed these tires, with what I have experienced, I will continue to run what the side wall indicates.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/18 01:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

But that really is one heck of difference between 80 psi and the max of 125 psi., as opposed to a max of 110 psi, and running pressure of 95 psi. The first would be a difference of 36 percent, versus 13 percent. Major difference. And it may have as much to do with the aspect ratio as anything else, with the shorter sidewall. I believe the 17.5" is a 215/75 versus the 16" 235/85.

Personally I would be uncomfortable running less than 90 psi on my "G" rated Sailun tires. But that's just me.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/18 08:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

But that really is one heck of difference between 80 psi and the max of 125 psi., as opposed to a max of 110 psi, and running pressure of 95 psi. The first would be a difference of 36 percent, versus 13 percent. Major difference. And it may have as much to do with the aspect ratio as anything else, with the shorter sidewall. I believe the 17.5" is a 215/75 versus the 16" 235/85.

Personally I would be uncomfortable running less than 90 psi on my "G" rated Sailun tires. But that's just me.

What does the load/inflation chart say? If it's listed there would be no concern.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Goodyear G614 air pressure
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS