cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Models used in rental fleets?

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
It was recently mentioned that the Four Winds Majestics were/are the models used in RV rental fleets. Are there other brands and models used in these fleets?
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
11 REPLIES 11

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
The largest rental company in canada uses adventurer. Usually most renters are from Europe and take pretty good care of them. I only paid 22K for a 2010 Majestic. Since i plan to store it in mexico over the summer, I did not want to spend a large amount.

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:

Camping World sold their fleet of Thor Freedom Elite series that was made just for them,so if you see one it more than likely was a former rental.

Thor Freedom Elites are still being built and sold, although I haven't seen anyone other than Camping World selling new ones.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

deprived
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a Fleetwood Jamboree 26J from El Monte a few years ago. It was in fantastic shape and we've been traveling full-time in it for three years.

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
I like Winnebago Chalets! A LOT! Great Alaskan in Anchorage sells theirs only a year or two old, with 30xxx-50xxx miles. In a showroom, they look like new.

Chalets are pretty much a Minnie Winnie with additions and deletions to make them more rental-friendly. I don't know if the actual construction of the basic coach is any different.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
These are all right,Cruise America rebrands their former Rentals as Majestics, in the US and Canada.

Camping World sold their fleet of Thor Freedom Elite series that was made just for them,so if you see one it more than likely was a former rental.

Winnebago Chalet was made for the rental fleet.

Canada Dream had Forest River Sunseekers
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
From what I've seen rental agencies just use very old trailers that they got a great deal on and don't have to be concerned with damaging.

Depends on who is doing the renting. I know factory fresh from Winnebago are used as Rentals

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
I am beginning to think mine was a rental--------Reason is the Dealer name dot-com was semi removed from the center rear in 4" letters. Discovered after having it buffed and waxed.
Marvin
Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
For Class Cs El Monte has Thor Four Winds and Coachmen Leprechauns. Road Bear has Coachmen Freelanders.

6_2Superduty
Explorer
Explorer
Dealer near me rents Keystone Passports

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
From what I've seen rental agencies just use very old trailers that they got a great deal on and don't have to be concerned with damaging.

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
I know Winnebago has made units for rental fleets. I imagine other companies have as well. As for the Majestic, I don't believe you could ever go to a Four Winds/ Thor dealer and buy a new Majestic. I believe they are labeled Majestic only after Cruise America puts them up for sale.