Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Please Directv, what is going on Rant
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Please Directv, what is going on Rant

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
T18skyguy

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/18 10:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Direct TV has always been the biggest rip off of them all. Dish has always been a much better value. Direct TV also engages in fraud. When you visit their kiosk's in the mall, they have two TV sets on, one running Direct tv and the other running Dish. They intentionally lower the resolution on the Dish setup to make theirs look better. Total fraud.

Retired Anesthetist. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS .Wife and daughter. Three cats which we must obey. Thorp T18, tons of tools and tons of junk.

K Charles

Connecticut

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/18 01:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had directv for over 25 years but there price keeps going up. Dish doesn't have YES network. We got dish and listen to the ballgame on the radio.

zigzagrv

Nazareth, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/18 02:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just switched to Dish after 10+ years with Directv cause of their constant price increases. They don't seem to care if you drop them. Saved $37 a month.

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
Master Tow dolly
Toyota RAV4

hamrs_62

california

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/18 08:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I read the same things on the dish web sties, every company has it's problems, cable, dis, directv, I can read all day long, I have amazon, I have kodi, youtube, plus there are free sites you can watch stuff on, so we have a variety

DavinD

Litchfield Park, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/18 04:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We were DirecTV subscribers for 22 years before we turned it off over pricing. We were paying over $200 for 4 receivers (1 in the RV), HD fee, DVR fees, etc. We're using DirecTVNow which is not great by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a lot cheaper. We also tried Playstation Vue, but liked the DirecTVNow lineup a little better.

2018 Coachman Chaparral 381RD

TV - 2013 Ford F350 Diesel SRW 4x4 Short Bed

Big Katuna

Deland, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/18 06:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DISH doesn’t charge extra for DVR and HD fees.. I pay $100/mo for our Hopper, one Joey and one 211 for the RV. No premiums, but lots of extra add ons for sports; ESPN U, SEC, etc.

Right now you can lock in two years of no increases and whatever else you can negotiate.

My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Noel

Southern Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/18 06:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With all the changes and alternatives.....it is a bit too much for a Neo-Luddite like me (78 y/o) to figure it out. If Dish had NFL Sunday Ticket...I would switch. Home service is OK, except for the $$..and RV is always a hassle.

Noel

2003 National Dolphin LX 6335, W22, 8.1L

az99

NY.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/18 05:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Big Katuna wrote:

DISH doesn’t charge extra for DVR and HD fees..
Since when? As of the bill I just got a few days ago they still do.$15 for the Hopper DVR and $7 each for the Joeys.

RJsfishin

Winston Or.

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/18 04:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Its perdy simple in my book. Direct TV has been working fine for 25 yrs.
They want me to order the HD upgrade now, rather than wait till the 4-30-19 SD shutdown.
Now heres the simple part,......I ain't doin anything, and when the shutdown date arrives,.....and they actually do shut me down, I quit payin, simple as that. Curious to see how that goes.
Now if they want to get out here and update the needed equipment, and do it free of charge, I mite add, then there won't be any problem. But if they don't see it that way, it will be their loss. Either way, I got it figured out that I will win !

Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

HikeN2Mts

OK

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/16/18 07:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you have only a Dish RV account (dish outside)not a add on to home account, you purchase the receivers, antenna and the dvr so there is no monthly fee for rental equipment.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Please Directv, what is going on Rant
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS