Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Gulfstream Vintage Cruiser 19ERD - NO egress windows!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Gulfstream Vintage Cruiser 19ERD - NO egress windows!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
justALnow

Ft Myers, Fl

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/18 07:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Less than a year ago when I bought my 2018 Vintage Cruiser 19ERD, I was surprised to see that it didn't have any sort of egress window in the front bedroom. Having traded from a larger trailer, I thought ... Well, maybe it's not required on a smaller trailer.

We recently took on this line of trailers here at Camping World and when our initial shipment of Vintage Cruisers arrived I noticed that ALL the 2019's have egress windows, including the 19ERD. I know this floor plan is also duplicated in the Vista Cruiser and I'm wondering if anyone else has dealt with this issue or knows of any recall that might be in effect to have these windows installed?

Just this morning I sent an email to Gulfstream and will talk to our warranty person here.

afidel

Cleveland

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/18 07:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your driver side window isn't an emergency egress type with a red handle at the bottom? This listing shows a 2018 with the emergency window on the driver side of the bedroom. If you don't have a red handle window there I would definitely think it's a major factory screwup and should be remedied without complaint from the manufacturer as they're looking at a massive lawsuit should you have an issue!

2017 KZ Sportsmen Classic 181BH
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 long bed
E2 WDH

justALnow

Ft Myers, Fl

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/18 08:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

afidel wrote:

Your driver side window isn't an emergency egress type with a red handle at the bottom? This listing shows a 2018 with the emergency window on the driver side of the bedroom. If you don't have a red handle window there I would definitely think it's a major factory screwup and should be remedied without complaint from the manufacturer as they're looking at a massive lawsuit should you have an issue!

Nope. None are egress windows and none are marked EXIT.

justALnow

Ft Myers, Fl

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/18 08:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like there is supposed to be one behind the off-door side of the dinette, as well. Mine are all the same windows with the bottom half hinged.

afidel

Cleveland

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/18 12:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

justALnow wrote:

Looks like there is supposed to be one behind the off-door side of the dinette, as well. Mine are all the same windows with the bottom half hinged.

Sounds like a Friday afternoon mistake, I would think the trailer manufacturer isn't going to give you a lot of flak about having it fixed since it's a serious safety issue and they're not following code without the emergency exit. Forest River had a recent recall for the same issue, going back 2 model years so the age of the trailer shouldn't matter.

Boomerweps

Hills of PA

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/18 08:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is there supposed to be an emergency exit window in each sleeping space?
I saw a video presentation on my 2019 TT showing all emergency exit windows on the left side. I have one by the master bed, but a same size slider by the convertible dinette and the upper bunk (lower bunk has a outside storage access door). The siding windows are fine WHEN ITS NOT RAINING. The sliding window over the sink is protected by the awning.

2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited
2008 Ford Exploder 4.0L

myredracer

Langley B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/18 07:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Exit windows in RVs are covered by NFPA 1192. This standard establishes fire and life safety criteria for recreational vehicles to provide protection from loss of life from fire and explosions.

I haven't read through it in a while. Not sure on how many exit windows are required, where or what dimensions or other details. You might do some googling and look for a free copy you can read.

Our TT has a bedroom separated by a solid door. Even though it has an exterior door in the bedroom, it has an exit window in addition to the one in the kitchen/living area.

You should have at least one exit window and if the bedroom has a screen or curtain, it might be that an exit window isn't required in the bedroom or perhaps if it is within a certain distance from the first one isn't required. Our 1st TT was a 200 footer and had one exit window which was in the bedroom.

If it's not code compliant, you shouldn't have any issues getting the issue taken care of. If it doesn't comply, it might help to have the code clause(s) in hand that you can show to the dealer and/or manufacturer.

I hate CAPTCHA. CAPTCHA sux. CAPTCHA is evil. CAPTCHA needs fixing.

Gil, Deb & Dougal the Springer Spaniel
2014 KZ Spree 262RKS, Reese DC WDH
2009 F250 super duty, V10, 8' bed, Hawkshead TPMS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Gulfstream Vintage Cruiser 19ERD - NO egress windows!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS