cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

rental tow vehicle

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know of a company in southern Ontario that will rent a vehicle that can tow a small camper legally?
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....
15 REPLIES 15

Kavoom
Explorer
Explorer
PackerBacker wrote:
Enterprise Trucks rent for towing. My son-in-law has done it several times.

https://www.enterprisetrucks.com/truckrental/en_US/promotions/promo_towing.html?cm_mmc=EnterpriseWeb...

I once looked for the same and couldn't find anything. Nice to see that Enterprise will allow it.

Oh, for anyone renting, I always rent the cheapest car there is online. Then, when I get to the counter (airports) I ask if they have any trucks and yes they do and they don't usually rent out well. I then offer 10 bucks more a day if I can have a Ram 1500 (like mine). I've almost always gotten one for about 40 bucks a day less than the list price on one. It's nice driving what you have at home, and I get to see the different variants of my truck. The V6 pentastars 4WD or 2WD get amazing mileage compared to my 5.7 hemi and 3.92 gears.

63-Coupe
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a quote from Discount Car & Truck Rental's website. It insinuates that towing is allowed. Give them a call and see what restrictions there may be.

"We carry rental trucks for all your personal needs whether you are moving your home, carrying materials for home renovations, towing a boat, or starting university or college. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff can help you choose the best personal truck rental to meet your projectโ€™s objectives."

https://www.discountcar.com/fleet/trucks/

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Jebby14 wrote:
the enterprise trucks website says

Towing now available on select pickup trucks

- US and Puerto Rico Enterprise Truck Rental locations only "

I know they rent in Canada, my son-in-law does it all the time. He gets Ford F250โ€™s here in Quebec.

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
the enterprise trucks website says
"

Towing now available on select pickup trucks

- US and Puerto Rico Enterprise Truck Rental locations only

- Available on 3/4 and 1 ton pickup trucks

- Renters must be 25+

- Additional charge for towing may apply; contact branch for details.

- For towing guides and resources click here"

Darryl_Rita
Explorer
Explorer
Hertz, Visa rentals come to mind. Avis, too.
***UPDATE 2006 3500 SRW MegaCab pulling a 2007 fleetwood 5'er

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Jebby14 wrote:
I wish. they rent them, a lot do but they state they are not for towing anything but their trailers. Same deal with home depot. Looks like the answer is SOL

Not so. In Canada there are 2 different Enterprise franchises, one is โ€˜trucksโ€™ only all the pickups have hitches and are completely legit for towing anything, RV, car carrier, whatever.

We do it all the time, very much a bargain.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Enterprise Trucks rent for towing. My son-in-law has done it several times.

https://www.enterprisetrucks.com/truckrental/en_US/promotions/promo_towing.html?cm_mmc=EnterpriseWeb...

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Probably should check with your insurance.
The liability on your trailer is provided by the tow vehicle. On a rental, who knows?

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
I wish. they rent them, a lot do but they state they are not for towing anything but their trailers. Same deal with home depot. Looks like the answer is SOL

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
Enterprise Car Rental rents Ford Superduty trucks in the US...maybe they do in Canada too.
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
Would be for short vacation. Not for me, but I was asked this question and didn't have a good answer. I don't like not having a good answer so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Are you looking for a way to tow your trailer one way to set up on a lot or is this a vacation situation? If a one way situation, you might be able to hire someone through a local dealership - they all have drivers who move their stock around. Also, maybe advertise privately - someone might be willing to move your RV and make a few bucks. If you are looking to travel, I would doubt any place would be willing to rent - too many hitch and connections to be concerned with.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Lowes or Home Depot?
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
we do. can only tow their trailers ๐Ÿ˜ž
called a handful of places. all say no towing