cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Arctic fox and first 2 weeks in it.

rmoparman
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back and have to say the AF performed flawless.

The temp was 105 on East Coast and stayed nice and cool inside.

No sewer and 2 weeks without dumping so the tanks were full.

Very pleased with the unit this far.

Lets hope 2 or 3 years down the road i can say the same thing.

Ron
22 REPLIES 22

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
JTrac wrote:
memtb wrote:
JTrac, If you want to get a new unit, you will have a difficult time replacing your RV with something equal to or better than. Youโ€™re pretty much limited to the Arctic Fox, or that โ€œotherโ€ manufacturer in Kansas!

Exactly why we haven't done any serious looking. These things don't last forever so maybe someday.

Weโ€™ve got anโ€™04 Teton.... it โ€œHasโ€ to last at least another 15 years, hopefully 20!
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer
memtb wrote:
JTrac, If you want to get a new unit, you will have a difficult time replacing your RV with something equal to or better than. Youโ€™re pretty much limited to the Arctic Fox, or that โ€œotherโ€ manufacturer in Kansas!

Exactly why we haven't done any serious looking. These things don't last forever so maybe someday.
JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
Todd & Marianne
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer
memtb wrote:
dieseltruckdriver wrote:
JTrac wrote:
Congratulations on your new fiver and the success of your first trip. That's how it should be. We've thought about what we might do for our next one and AF is high on the list. I just wish they would offer a residential fridge option, which last time I checked they didn't.

We were set on getting a new Winslow, but unfortunately Excel stopped production before we were ready. They were very nice units.

The Excels were very good units, and some used come available occasionally. Itโ€™s my understanding that ex-employees, formed their own company and work primarily on Excels. Kinda like factory support....without the factory! ??

We've had our Winslow for 6 years now. Ordered it new. The only service it has needed was a slide adjustment about 5 years ago. We did change the suspension to MorRyde IS last year which will make us keep it a bit longer but looking for something similarly built is a bit of a challenge. The AF's seem to be in that class but haven't looked that closely.

Some former Excel employees did open a service center in Smith Center, Kansas and have been doing well with it from what I hear. They will service any brand but are where many Excel owners go for repairs.
JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
We had an AF 1140 C/O and it was a well made unit. We are seriously starting to look for an AF 29-5T. We've heard nothing but great things about Northwoods products.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

elkfarmer
Explorer II
Explorer II

Click For Full-Size Image.

Hopefully got the pic to work! Other than a lot of stripped screws that have been fixed I have been very happy. I will be adding 17.5 wheels/tires amongst other suspension add-ons next year. We almost got the 5Z but decided on the 5M because it's just a little easier to get into the State Parks that we normally go to.
2017 Arctic Fox 32-5m
2016 Ram 3500
1992 Newmar Kountry Star
!998 Alpenlite 29RK(sold)

GHop
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your Fox. We also have the 35z and have been enjoying it for the past three years now. Prior to the 35z, we had a Fox Mountain and again, no problems at all, we just want the room the 35z gave us. Happy camping and safe travel.
G.H.

Gordon_R
Explorer
Explorer
These kind of reports are always good to hear. I just bought a AF 27-5L. While puttering around it, on my RV pad, I have yet to find a build quality issue. I have not yet tested "everything" yet, at home. Just at the dealer before I took delivery.

I'm going through the unit slowly and doing things like labeling the wall switches, treating the fresh water tank, etc.

My main focus right now is completing the fence around the RV pad, as I live on a corner lot with a fairly busy side street.

I am really looking forward to our first trip with this trailer.
GORDON & LORI
U.S. Coast Guard Chief (Retired)

2016 Ford Crew Cab Lariat F-350) w/6.7 Diesel
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Semper Paratus

Kavoom
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
What model? Need some pics!
Mine has been less than stellar. Many, many quality issues and an immediate roof replacement because of a build goof. Replacement work was shoddy (done in one day..). Still need to get cracks in siding repaired where they banged the wall on something before it was installed on the trailer.
ON the positive side it has a great floor plan, the dual pane windows make it quiet with no condensation ever and there are a lot of little extra's that cheaper rigs don't have. It also has a TON of storage. We have drawers and cabinets that are totally empty!

For the price you pay for an Arctic Fox, it should be perfect. You could buy two of the least expensive TT's for the price of one of those. BUT, they are truly very nicely appointed. My Aspen Trail is truly functional. I'm OK with that though.

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
rmoparman wrote:
Yes i drove 2000 miles to pick it up. They have 2 dealers on the east coast. PA and one in Ohio.

Saved a ton of money when i went west to pick it up.

They have a AF rally coming up in PA the week after labor day

โ€œYa done goodโ€! It has always amazed me that many people โ€œwill notโ€ travel to get either a โ€œbetter deal or a better RV. Itโ€™s an RV for Peteโ€™s sake.....travel, get it, and pretend your on a mini-vacation while doing so! :S
Todd & Marianne
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

rmoparman
Explorer
Explorer
Yes i drove 2000 miles to pick it up. They have 2 dealers on the east coast. PA and one in Ohio.

Saved a ton of money when i went west to pick it up.

They have a AF rally coming up in PA the week after labor day

allimax
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on a successful trip. We are looking at AF as our next rig. Being on the east coast limits our exposure. Last I checked, the closest dealers were in PA and somewhere in Canada. Hard to make the time to look at a potential new 5th wheel when so much has to go into just getting to a dealer. But, we are intent on down-sizing a bit and that 27-5T is high on our list. Hope you have continued good fortune with your new AF.
2010 Montana 3455SA
Mor/Ride kingpin, wet bolts, Progressive Ind. HW-50C EMS,TST 507RV TPMS, GY G614's
'07.5 Silverado D/A LMM 3500HD
Extended Cab DRW 4x4 LTZ
Bilstein, Reese R20, Banks Economind tuner, Speedbrake, RamAir, Monster exhaust

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
dieseltruckdriver wrote:
JTrac wrote:
Congratulations on your new fiver and the success of your first trip. That's how it should be. We've thought about what we might do for our next one and AF is high on the list. I just wish they would offer a residential fridge option, which last time I checked they didn't.

We were set on getting a new Winslow, but unfortunately Excel stopped production before we were ready. They were very nice units.

The Excels were very good units, and some used come available occasionally. Itโ€™s my understanding that ex-employees, formed their own company and work primarily on Excels. Kinda like factory support....without the factory! ??
Todd & Marianne
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
JTrac wrote:

2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L