Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Prevost......if you really could buy your dream!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Prevost......if you really could buy your dream!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
VA-Apraisr

glen allen, VA

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/18 02:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Was parked next to a custom Prevost in NJ the other day and man, this thing was sweeeet! Named something like "Diamond Elegant Lady" or close to that. Made my old Class C seem like, well, an old Class C. If money wasn't an issue, and you were looking to spend between $150k to $250k, would you buy one of these top-of-the-line older Prevost and get the quality of a Prevost? Seen many programs on building these beauties, but this was the first I've seen in person and it really was a show-stopper. Looked at a few RV trader units online and with the material quality put into these, just wondering if others would consider buying a slightly "dated" unit in order to have all the high-quality finishes and assuming a superior engineered build.

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/18 02:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

VA-Apraisr wrote:

If money wasn't an issue, and you were looking to spend between $150k to $250k, would you buy one of these top-of-the-line older Prevost and get the quality of a Prevost?

If money wasn't an issue, I'd have one built to my specs. If I was spending 150-250k, I would have to take a look at what was available new/late model, in that price range, and compare it to an older Prevost.

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/18 02:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

VA-Apraisr wrote:

If money wasn't an issue, and you were looking to spend between $150k to $250k, would you buy one of these top-of-the-line older Prevost and get the quality of a Prevost?

To begin with ... "if money wasn't an issue" and "you were looking to spend between $150k to $250K" ... seem to be counter to each other. [emoticon]

That being given, if I was looking to spend between $150K to $250K I'd search for a used one of these that - unlike a big Class A - can do it anywhere:
https://earthroamer.com/pre-owned/

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca 324V Spirit

Roadpilot

NH Seacoast

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/18 03:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are many people that buy older Prevost Buses. You'll find quite a few at Prvostcommunity.com.

We have owned a couple of well known non-Prevost motorhome's and now we own a Prevost. With the other motorhomes, once we left the factory it was very difficult to get help when something happened. To us it felt like the manufacturer didn't care.

When we have an issue with the Prevost, we call their 800 number. It doesn't matter how old you bus is they truly want to help you. 24/7 their techs have all the prints for your bus. In fact as a Prevost owner I have an app on my phone that can call up parts lists, wiring diagrams etc. at any time.

There's a bit of truth to the fact that maintenance on an older bus costs about what a new bus costs. But the older buses don't have a lot of the electronics on the newer ones. They're simpler. Many of the owners of older buses are gear heads or very handy. It helps a lot with maintenance costs.

The Prevost chassis is what Greyhound buses and most tour buses are on. They are just getting broken in at a million miles. Prevost designs them to last for millions of miles.

Millennium Prevost 2018
2013 Avalanche, Tahoe and Mini Cooper S
HD 2015 Ultra Limited Low (Mine)
HD 2016 Triglide (DW)
24' Stacker Trailer for motorcycles and Mini

VA-Apraisr

glen allen, VA

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/18 03:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It takes real MONEY to buy one of these NEW....yes, $200k is alot of money and would have to sell house to even do it, but not serious about doing anything as yet. Glad Roadpilot chimed in because nothing like knowing what it's like to actually own one of these beast! Agree that they're built for million+ miles and many on website are sitting at 100k to 200k miles and imho seems like one heck of a deal when compared to what they must have paid new [emoticon]

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/18 03:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

John, I'm surprised that you even care to talk or think about a monster Prevost!

Don't you own a fantastic and rare Phoenix Cruiser Class C with a 4X4 QuadVan conversion that can get you fully self-contained into remote or tricky camping spots that a Prevost owner can only dream of?

I consider your tricked-out PC as kindof a poor man's Earthroamer that could almost match the real thing ... for way less $$$!

wolfe10

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/18 03:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And, this on the Class C Forum?????

Brett Wolfe
2003 Alpine 38'

FMCA Forum: www.community.fmca.com/index

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Rick Y

Vancouver, WA

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/18 04:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you're going to talk expensive rigs, you might also want to consider Newell. I was just at a website where they sell used Newells and the cheapest one listed was $350K. My understanding is that they only make about 26 units a year and, if you wish to order one, you should expect to be spending upwards of about $2 Million. I have a large plastic 5 gallon jug in my living room so people can donate their spare change to my Newell fund. I figure I'll be behind the wheel in only one to two hundred years! Salivating already!!

Rick & Karen
2003 Bigfoot 27DSL Class C, Banks intake/exhaust, Blue Ox Ft/Rear sway bars & TruCenter steering, Soltek solar panel
2013 Honda Fit Sport named "Little Toe"
Roadmaster Nighthawk tow bar with Invisibrake
Robore Prudentia Praestat

Isaac-1

SW Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/18 05:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The problem with buying that 15-20 year old $150K coach is how much will it cost to maintain it.

donn0128

Pronounced Ore-gun

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/18 06:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For that 150K you could supply fresh clean water to thousands of people, and still have money left over to buy a nice used RV. Your choice I guess where you put your priorities.

Don,Lorri,and Charlie Bear 2016
8 years OSP Camp Host
The Other Dallas

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Prevost......if you really could buy your dream!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS