cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Moving overhead tv to floor cabinet

Gazelle05
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for advise on tv power controller, is it necessary to move to base cabinet or can I plug into and run power to the tv. Don't understand the three low voltage wires coming from the controller? One for the auto off of the tv but the other two?
Any comments will be appreciated.
2005 Safari Gazelle
4 REPLIES 4

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
I think you are referring to the relay box that turns off power to the tv when the vehicle ignition is on.

If you move the tv to a base cabinet you do not need to move the relay box .....if the tv is not mounted within view of the driver. Just move and plug the tv into any 120 volt outlet.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gazelle05 wrote:
Looking for advise on tv power controller, is it necessary to move to base cabinet or can I plug into and run power to the tv. Don't understand the three low voltage wires coming from the controller? One for the auto off of the tv but the other two?
Any comments will be appreciated.
2005 Safari Gazelle

TV power controller? You mean a plug? The TV just plugs into a standard wall outlet. What are you referring to?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
You can probably get Safari Model specific info here: Safari Club

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Gazelle05 wrote:
Looking for advise on tv power controller, is it necessary to move to base cabinet or can I plug into and run power to the tv.

Sorry but I don't understand the question.
What is the function of this "tv power controller" ?

And what exactly are you trying to accomplish ?
If you are moving the TV to a different location and want to keep ALL of the present functionality, you would need to extend all of the existing cables exactly as they are now.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"