cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Allure flooring

thegriffins
Explorer
Explorer
We are thinking about installing Allure Ultra Aegean Travertine White Luxury Vinyl Tile Flooring in our motorhome. This is a floating, click-lock, waterproof floor. We have 2 slides, one is flush and the other is raised. Has anyone installed this floor? I've read somewhere that we should be concerned with the thickness of the planks. Are these too thick at 4mm? Do we need an underlayment? Any suggestions will be appreciated! Thank you for helping.
Live each day as though it were your last!
10 REPLIES 10

ThomBoles
Explorer
Explorer
We have the Allure lets call it "stick-lock" flooring. It looks nice and goes down pretty easy and is waterproof.

That said I would not use it again. We normally keep the temps around 75 whether in heat or cold climates but did go visit relatives where we stayed in their house and didn't keep the temps up when it got colder. The strips ended up separating in on the short ends. We just deal with it and call it a lesson learned. I ran it as a solid finished sheet (no breaks) front to back of the RV and into the bathroom and the area that separated is on the skinniest part of the run (about 5 planks wide in the hallway.) There is no amount of heat/stretching that we can do to make them come back together.

If I ever do this again I will be using a true click-lock (likely with a rubber backing) engineered hardwood product. It took 2 good days to install to cut around all the corners, angles, fixtures etc for about 4 boxes of the Allure.
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Thom and Diane Boles
2010 Winnebago Vista 32K

busterja21
Explorer
Explorer
check out the vinyl plank with engineered cores like coretec plus, less likely to separate if you store in a cold climate.
2019 CC F350
2017 Impact 312 Toyhauler
2014 Yamaha grizzly 700 (mine)
2013 Yamaha grizzly 550 (hers)
1998 Kawi Prairie 400 (boys)

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
mobilefleet wrote:
I've installed lots of allure in trailers. Use the thin foam underlayment because if you don't, the seams will show or come apart especially during cold weather. The grip strip allure is much easier to install than click lock type- click lock is a real bear especially up against cabinets or walls.
Just for information here. The man I talked to was not a HD employee, he was a rep from Allure. Also everyone here does not live where they get extreme cold temps.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Several threads about Allure over the past year.

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Don't use the click, get the grip strip with the adhesive edges.

Don't nail or screw anything through the vinyl in the subfloor. Cut around anything that penetrates the floor, Leave 1/8 inch around the edges. The vinyl must float and expand and contract as a unit.

I put Allure in my motor home last spring and it's been through all 4 seasons. Looks as good now as it did when I put it down. No buckling, no open seams. Like the experts at HoD, some of the experts here haven't laid down a single plank of vinyl in a motor home.

The member that does engineered hardwood floor in RV is erniee.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
What is the thickness of your old floor. Your new floor needs to be about the same thickness as the old.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

mobilefleet
Explorer
Explorer
the "experts" at home depot have prob never laid one plank of this stuff themselves. It needs underlayment in an rv. Mobile home that has year round hvac prob not, but an rv when stored in winter, it will be a problem

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just finished putting allure in a mobile home for in-laws. Im very happy with results. They told me when buying it needed no underlayment unless going on concrete.
Have enough left to do my 5er so I think its next.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

mobilefleet
Explorer
Explorer
I've installed lots of allure in trailers. Use the thin foam underlayment because if you don't, the seams will show or come apart especially during cold weather. The grip strip allure is much easier to install than click lock type- click lock is a real bear especially up against cabinets or walls.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Allure I installed wasnโ€™t click and lock, it was over lapping sticky surface.

Maybe they changed design as it was a few years ago.

I wouldnโ€™t install the sticky type in an RV because of the extreme temp swings.

I did click and lock in my stick house last fall and I liked it more than Allure.

I would just use the plastic moisture barrier in an RV, not the padding.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

swphotobug
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to do some research on the Allure. I didn't pay much attention to a thread on RV floor replacement but a well respected Rv floor installer "Eric?" will not do Allure. I don't remember the reason why, I am thinking quality was the reason but all this is very fuzzy. Hopefully, someone will supply better information. I just don't want you to make a mistake.

Thinking about it the thread was probably on Irv2.com.