Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: LED for the stove hood
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Do It Yourself Modifications a...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
deltabravo

Spokane, WA

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/18 02:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Something I should have done a long time ago:

LED for the stove hood

2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2009 Arctic Fox 811 (bought new 11/9/09)
2015 Nash 17k (bought pre-owned 5/23/18)
2008 Haulmark 8.5x20 toy box trailer

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/18 02:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

deltabravo wrote:

Something I should have done a long time ago:

LED for the stove hood

I have a new RV and I'm glad all of the lights are LED and not those energy hog counterpart. Also, it actually made me decide to save money into buying another battery.

Lwiddis

Los Angeles :(

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/18 04:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seems like a "paddle" type LED would make more sense in the hood. That's what I installed.

2015 Winnebago 2101DS TT & Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts WindyNation solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for US flag. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - old MOS 1542 & 1560.

BarabooBob

Baraboo, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/18 05:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I installed an LED in the range hood on my last TT. It looked just like the one in the video. The seller claimed it was an ultrabright LED. After comparing the LED to the original bulb for brightness, I reinstalled the original. I don't use that light very often anyway.

Bob & Dawn Married 30 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

Ralph Cramden

US

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/18 05:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RTCastillo wrote:

I have a new RV and I'm glad all of the lights are LED and not those energy hog counterpart. Also, it actually made me decide to save money into buying another battery.

What brand RV? The current Rockwood and previous Keystone were advertised as "LED lighting". They did have LEDs....except for the range hood, porch light, running lights, brake lights, etc.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/18 07:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ralph Cramden wrote:

RTCastillo wrote:

What brand RV? The current Rockwood and previous Keystone were advertised as "LED lighting". They did have LEDs....except for the range hood, porch light, running lights, brake lights, etc.

Coleman. I don't think the brake lights need to be LED. It gets energy mostly when the tow truck is running and therefore don't draw much from battery reserves.

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/18 08:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RTCastillo wrote:

Coleman. I don't think the brake lights need to be LED. It gets energy mostly when the tow truck is running and therefore don't draw much from battery reserves.

The brake lights should be the best place to use LEDs because of the bright, instant on light helps get the attention of the texting tailgater.

bartlettj

Forest Grove, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/18 12:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RTCastillo wrote:

Ralph Cramden wrote:

RTCastillo wrote:

The brake and marker lights are powered by the tow vehicle.

bartlettj

Forest Grove, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/18 12:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynnmor wrote:

RTCastillo wrote:

The brake lights should be the best place to use LEDs because of the bright, instant on light helps get the attention of the texting tailgater.

Some tow vehicle circuits do not like LED's.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/18 12:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bartlettj wrote:

RTCastillo wrote:

Ralph Cramden wrote:

RTCastillo wrote:

The brake and marker lights are powered by the tow vehicle.

Must be asking too much with LED price 4 to 8x ordinary bulb.

I mean alternator is running to charge battery hence energy draw is less than replenishment in charging.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Do It Yourself Modifications a...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS