cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone identify what this item might be?

jrloucks
Explorer
Explorer
We own a 1984 Class C (Travelaire on a Ford e350 XL Chassis). Bought it in 2012, we are the third owners, and have done quite of bit of reno/repairs to it since then.

However, I can't for the life of me figure out what this metal object is above and to the left, outside of the entry door.

Perhaps it's part of a screen porch attachment (which we don't have). It does have some ring terminals on it, but these terminals both touch the metal, which tells me it's probably not an electrical fixture (like a porch light). I could remove it and see what is underneath.

It's just been a mystery and typically out-of-sight (out-of mind), but every once in a while I catch a glimpse of it, scratch my head and wonder...

So thought I'd ask the collective wisdom of this forum...

Thanks,

Jack
8 REPLIES 8

jrloucks
Explorer
Explorer
I finally pulled the mysterious item off the outside wall. It is made of plastic, and two wires run down the inside wall to a old-style TV antenna wall plate, like so:

A google search eventually turns up a "braund mfg. weatherproof tv lead-in connector", like so:

Jaxom
Explorer
Explorer
Part left over from a Tiki idol from the Brady Bunch?
Jerry
2015 Jayco Seneca 36FK
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 door
2011 R & R 20' Aluminum Enclosed Car Hauler
2007 Montrose 16' Aluminum Flatbed ATV Trailer

jrloucks
Explorer
Explorer
It isn't a hold latch for the door, as the door opens to the right. Here are a couple more photos:

Wider angle photo showing item at the top left of the photo:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MimHV66w8dfzK6iYA

Another close-up photo of the item from a different perspective:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4gJNi5UPQYv4hZey8

At this point it appears (to me) to be used as part of a screened (add-on) porch. When I get some extra time I'll temporarily remove it to see if there is any electrical wiring connected in behind.

Again, it's simply a curious mystery for me but not preventing us from enjoying our MH in any way.

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Porch light with a missing lens?
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
Our door opens to the right side facing and it clicks into a piece like that to be kept in the open position, like when just using the screen door.
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
Latch for a door or part of an awning.

Do you have a picture showing where it is located?
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I believe it may be a latch to keep the door open. Part of it may be missing.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad