Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Another new $10/$15 per month unlimited cell plan
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Another new $10/$15 per month unlimited cell plan

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
theoldwizard1

SE MI

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/18 05:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unreal Mobile

• Rides on top of Sprint
• Bring your own Sprint compatible phone or they have limited quantities of older phones you can purchase
• Unlimited talk and text
• 1GB of "high speed" data for $10; 2GB of "high speed" data ; unlimited 2G after that (acceptable for short videos)
• Unused "high speed" data rolls over

Maybe not everyone "cup of tea" but great for teenagers !

USA Today's reporter experience : Can you survive on a $10/month cell phone plan ?

Colo Native

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/18 06:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have Boost which is on Sprint but I wouldn't give you dime for it the worst service I have ever had I was just at Trailer Village in Grand Canyon nothing other people in the group Verizon T mobile and ATT all had some service. Most of the rural areas no service most of South Dakota No service I know this for a fact. I am leaving them for Verizon just my 2 cents.

2018 Grand Design 315RLTS
2015 F250 XLT PSD CC SB 4x4
2016 Primetime Crusader 315RST(SOLD)
08 Fleetwood Fiesta 34B(SOLD)
Retired DFD

GordonThree

Northern Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/18 07:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2g data is less than 100 kilobits in somr areas. Would still work for email, maps and the like but not streaming anything.

The email I received from them stated I could bring my Verizon phone over...

Any idea what signaling they're using? If it's Sprint CDMA, that is being phased out.

2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2017 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.4 HEMI, 4.10 / Auto

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/18 07:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thats what it said in the article
sprint

said bring you own phone sprint /verizon CDMA

was in the works, not available yet

Radiate The Happy

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/18 07:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Colo Native wrote:

I have Boost which is on Sprint but I wouldn't give you dime for it the worst service I have ever had I was just at Trailer Village in Grand Canyon nothing other people in the group Verizon T mobile and ATT all had some service. Most of the rural areas no service most of South Dakota No service I know this for a fact. I am leaving them for Verizon just my 2 cents.

We have Boost and have no issues with coverage. Guess it depends on your location.

I also have a SAT phone and it's good anywhere (in the world) but it's not cheap and airtime is also expensive but it don't depend on cell towers for communications, it's all satellite based.

I have it 'just in case'.

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/18 07:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have to say that I leave the cell phone in the glovebox anyway. I'm not a yacker or a texter and I really don't see the need for the SAT phone or the cell phone except for emergencies.

I still use paper maps too.

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/18 07:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SidecarFlip wrote:

Colo Native wrote:

We have Boost and have no issues with coverage. Guess it depends on your location.

I also have a SAT phone and it's good anywhere (in the world) but it's not cheap and airtime is also expensive but it don't depend on cell towers for communications, it's all satellite based.

I have it 'just in case'.

I might add that when I subscribed to Boost (Sprint), I bought the Kyocera Hydro Reach phone for 30 bucks (new) and I did for a reason. The Hydro Reach is waterproof to 30 feet for 15 minutes which means I can drop it in the snow when I'm hunting and not worry. For 30 bucks, I don't worry.

kerrlakeRoo

Va

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/18 04:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The newest straight talk plan offers 60 gigs of 4g data before they "review" your monthly service. $55 a month with unlimited talk and text.
Can be ATT or verizon towers depending on where you have the phone set up.

theoldwizard1

SE MI

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/18 07:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Colo Native wrote:

I have Boost which is on Sprint but I wouldn't give you dime for it the worst service I have ever had ...

The author did say that the Sprint network is probably the worst of the major networks.

Where I live and travel, Sprint works for me !

T18skyguy

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/18 08:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My daughter's uses Ting for only $5 per month, plus a low rate per minute charge. She doesn't use it much. It's on the Sprint network. The bill doesn't even break 10 dollars a month, but you have to buy the flip phone up front.

Retired Anesthetist. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS .Wife and daughter. Three cats which we must obey. Thorp T18, tons of tools and tons of junk.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Another new $10/$15 per month unlimited cell plan
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS