cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide out question

vjswhippet
Explorer
Explorer
Is it ok to slide out not all the way? Like if you only want it half way out? Or is that bad?
Vickie Smith
Kansas City area
2020 Coachmen Leprechaun 260DS
7 REPLIES 7

vjswhippet
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all. I think I'll always slide out all the way.
Vickie Smith
Kansas City area
2020 Coachmen Leprechaun 260DS

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
For the most part no, it's bad and will indeed hurt something. With a regular rack and pinion type slide, stepping on the cantilevered plywood in front can break the plastic guide across the front (I did it).
If you have a Schwintek system, it will foul up the timing of the motors and computer big time. Then it may not close or open completely until it is re-timemd.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
If my bedroom slide is all the way in the bed goes under the cabinet slightly. If I need to sleep in the bed I have moved the slide out a foot or so and slept there. Once it was because of the parking spot I was in. I frequently slide it out a foot to access drawers to pack,unpack. The front slide ,not so much. The front slide drops a bit once it starts to extend, I see no reason to avoid stepping on it when part way extended, it's a solid structure.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Depends on why. If you only need it out a little to be able to get by to access the fridge or bathroom, no problem. But I would not walk on it.

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Depends if it rains or not. In some MH models the slide will leak if not fully extended.
2010 Suncruiser

Farmboy666
Explorer
Explorer
Won't hurt anything, what would be the reason not to put it out all the way?

Home_Skillet
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not good, due to the seals that only work when the slide is fully extended.
2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,TST in tire TPMS,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY